• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export time slow with Nvidia Quadro P620

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can give me some pointers to an issue we're experiencing using Premier Pro 15.0.

I'll clarify initially that I'm not particularly familiar with the software myself - I'm an IT technicial looking at this for an end user.

The problem is that exporting videos from Premier Pro is taking a long time on this PC (HP Z2, 16GB RAM, Nvidia P620 graphics card). I've installed the latest drivers from Nvidia, and Windows 10 and Adobe are fully up to date.

We have another 'basic' HP PC which will run Premier Pro OK, and it will take about 6 minutes to export a 2 minute video to the local drive. The problem PC (exporting the same video, also to the local drive) starts well (showing an expected export time of approx 2 minutes but gets to 19% and slows down - plodding through to completion in about 30 minutes.

Just to add, the rendering process before we export is really quick - the user says it takes less than half the time as the standard PC.

My question here is twofold :-

1. Is the graphics card at all involved in the 'export' process? I'm not really sure what the export process does, so understanding this may help in debugging the issue.

2. Any guidance as to what may be causing the issue - there seem to be a lot of questions on this subject, but most 'resolved' issues seem to be with the user not setting something in the software correctly, With this issue, I'm comparing the exact same file / process on 2 PCs, so the problem seems to me to be related to the (supposedly faster) PC.

TOPICS
Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?