• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How do I speed up rendering, exporting, or encoding?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How do I improve rendering, or export times?" is a common question and theme we see on the forums. Fortunately, there are things you can do to export more quickly. This FAQ hopes to help you.

To speed up encoding, consider:

• Faster hardware: Working with faster computers also means that your exporting will be faster (in general).
  • Optimized Media: The media you are working with: if media is optimized for export, the encoding process is faster. Most editors, pay little attention to media optimization—unfortunately.

Standard Export with GPU Acceleration

Be sure that your GPU is enabled in Adobe Media Encoder and Premiere Pro when exporting.

• Enable GPU acceleration, if available, in the following places:
    • Premiere Pro: Project Settings > General
    • Adobe Media Encoder: Preferences > General

Once you've purchased great CPUs, optimized your media as best you can, and enabled your GPU: you are able to export more quickly than before.

• Choose File > Export > Media.
    • Choose the Format and Preset that best fits your needs.
    • If you are still not sure which format to export to, you can find out here.
    • If you need advice, feel free to ask on the discussion forum.
    • Click Queue to send the export to Media Encoder, Export to send it out via Premiere Pro.

Fastest Export Possible

The Smart Rendering workflow will help you how to export up to 20x faster. It takes a little extra work, but worth it. Read this FAQ: What is Smart Rendering?. Need a hint as to what it's about? Basically: Media Optimization. Personally, I use smart rendering as much as possible in my own workflow.

If you are curious about terminology behind these processes, see: What is the difference between Rendering, Exporting, and Encoding?

TOPICS
Export , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines