• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fast way to insert a one-frame gap between two adjacent clips?

Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have two adjacent and touching clips on the time line and I use keyboard alt-"." to move the right clip further right, it would make the left clip longer so that the two clips are still touching. Is this a bug or a feature?

I want the two clips to separate so there is a one-frame gap between them.

If this is a feature, is there a way to turn it off? Or is there another way to insert a gap between two clips?

I suppose I could zoom way in and drag one of the edges to create a gap but this isn't very fast or convenient.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this is faster or convenient for you.

Playhead on Cut  : Up or down

1 frame : Left or right

Cut 1 frame : Ctrl + Alt + W/Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you inset a black color matte and then trim it to one frame? I always have a black matte handy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it were me, I'd shift drag to the clip end, hit the left or right button, cut with the cut tool on the playhead cursor (it should snap to it) and then just hit the delete key. Should trim off one frame. If it doesn't select that one frame by default (usually it does), just hit your left then right keys and it should select it, hit delete and it's gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines