Highlighted

File importer detected an inconsistency...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

When I want to export my project, I run in to problems.

En file (.mp4) that comes out only is 1kb and obviously doesn't work.
In Premiere Pro I get an error in the little yellow triangle, in the down right corner, saying:

"File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of BBO-tour-00001.mp4. Reading and writing this files metadata (XMP) has been disabled."

Does any of you have an idea, what I should do or look for?

I hope to hear from you.

Have a good day.

Best regards
Dennis

Correct answer by dunderstar | Community Beginner

Hello again...

So I tried a lot of different things, and it turned out the reason for this issue was too little free space on my harddisk.

Problem solved.

Thanks for taking your time to look at this.

Best regards
Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File importer detected an inconsistency...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

When I want to export my project, I run in to problems.

En file (.mp4) that comes out only is 1kb and obviously doesn't work.
In Premiere Pro I get an error in the little yellow triangle, in the down right corner, saying:

"File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of BBO-tour-00001.mp4. Reading and writing this files metadata (XMP) has been disabled."

Does any of you have an idea, what I should do or look for?

I hope to hear from you.

Have a good day.

Best regards
Dennis

Correct answer by dunderstar | Community Beginner

Hello again...

So I tried a lot of different things, and it turned out the reason for this issue was too little free space on my harddisk.

Problem solved.

Best regards
Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2018 2
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dunderstar,

Sorry for the trouble.

Create a new project, import the old project file into new project & check the issue.

If the issue persists, copy the file "BBO-tour-00001.mp4" to a different location.

Make the file offline in Premiere Pro project, link the file to the newly copied file & check the issue.

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello..

I tried the first thing, but it didn't help. The second procedure you mention, I'm not sure how to do, sorry.

But I tried to make a new project, with a single and random video clip, then tried to export it the same way, and it worked. So it seems like it's something in my other project that has a issue? That also makes me think a reinstall of Premiere Pro isn't gonna solve it?

Problem is that it takes more than 3 hours to export this project that has issues, so it's a long process to try things.

But yea, still not working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be because you replaced the file in the destination, I just had this problem and I just undid the replacement.  Then I went and changed the output name and set it to a different destination.  Originally my file got replaced so that's why adobe couldn't render it.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can concur! I relinked all my footage and audio in the project panel ("replace footage") and it finally worked! I also had deleted the files I wasn't using but I don't think this was relevant to the outcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again...

Problem solved.

Best regards
Dennis

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2018 2
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,
I just stumbled upon your issue as I'm having the same problem. When you said it was due to lack of hard disk space did you mean the space available on your computers hard drive which runs Premiere Pro or was it the disk space of an external hard drive that you needed to free up? Both of these will take me hours so if I can narrow it down to whether its the computer disk or external space it will make it easier for me as both drives are pretty full.
Regards,
Dan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the issue been resolved? This is a new hardrive in my HP laptop, there aren't any files so I should have space. The message started appearing for me today.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue.....is there anyway to fix this?HD space is more than enough

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue, and I don't understannd why an inconsistency in teh file importer has anything to do with the space of my HD (plus I do have space!). Please somebody help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone solved this? I'm having this issue right now. I suspect it may be due to my video file being in 2 location (an external thumbdrive and a Hard Disk). I tried moving the files all into the HD before working on the project, but certain large files encounted error (too large formatting error). So I worked on the project with some files in the thumbdrive and some in the HD. The project is saved inside the HD though. Tried exporting last night (1 hour 30 mins) but got this error of inconsistency and a 10kb file (impossible file size of a 45min proj). I don't think there's the lack of free space error because my HD has over 800gb free space left. Can anyone help me with this?? Hope someone can get back to me soon. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add on, I tried exporting a 15min segment of the clip and it works fine. Tried exporting the last few frams of the clip and it works fine too. Only issue occurs is when I try to export the entire sequence (45mins) and it takes roughly an hour and half to complete and I get this error at the end.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love this community!

thank you guys!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned in my reply to MMmaster, I relinked all my footage and audio in the project panel ("replace footage") and that fixed the issue (a linking problem, I think)! I also had deleted the files I wasn't using but I don't think this was relevant to the outcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there certain steps to doing this? I've had so many problems and talking to tech support hasn't worked so far. I'm new to Premiere Pro and to technology so if there's steps could you share all of them? I'd appreciate it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select the clip you want to replace, right-click and select "replace footage". A window pops up and you can search your computer for a new file to use.

Steps and other relevant info is also here: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premiere-elements/using/replace-footage.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 1