• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix incorrect relink to correct media

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely through operator error when I relinked media because of a drive change some of the video relinked to incorrect audio.  This really messes up merged files and existing edits, as they play incorrect audio due to this problem.  Question: How can I unlink incorrect audio from affected video and relink pointing to correct audio, having this all come up correctly in existing merged files and edits? I don't want to reimport and start from scratch.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, wow, that can be a mess. Ouch!

Especially when dealing with merged files, where the audio files are all something like "A00001.x" ... this can be painful to relink. What happens if you take one file, unlink, then locate?

Do you have a saved version from just before the drive change/relinking? Even an auto-save?

Also, you can test by duplicating the project and trying things in the duped project, nothing in the original is mangled.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil.  I took a sequence with problems and going shot by shot made individual shots offline while keeping media files on disk.  Then I relinked media and voila it linked correctly even correcting other shots from the same take in the edit.  It also corrected the original merged file.  What it didn't do is relink any original audio files that might have been linked incorrectly but I was able to do them on an individual basis.  Time consuming, but not as bad as reimporting media and cutting over my old edits.  Great suggestions.  What I didn't try is lassoing the entire edit, taking it offline and relinking.  If that works, it would save even more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I didn't try is lassoing the entire edit, taking it offline and relinking.  If that works, it would save even more time.

That method do usually work very well. I have had this happen when changing computers and the best way i have found out is to make the whole project offline, save and close and re-open and start the procedure from scratch when promted. Don´t stress, cool down and make sure that one re-link to the correct clip and let it take it´s time. If i stress i make mistakes and all of a sudden 100 clips can be liked to the wrong media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with a big project. I spent hours to relink the right media.

There was lots of files with same names in diferent folders. I do not undrestand why premiere do not check something like file size when linking files with equal names.

I learned I MUST have all file names different regardless they are in diferent folders.

Regards,

Lluís

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines