• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help me rediscover my sanity: exports do not match color from within Premiere or DaVinci

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Please help! The following is from me, at the end of my rope.

This has never happened before in my many years of blissful Davinci Resolve / Premiere Pro workflow partnership.

I have finished grading a video in Davinci. I usually export the XML from Premiere Pro into Davinci, then grade on the clips directly, export back out my XML from Davinci, open in Premiere Pro, and export the deliverables from there. 

However tonight every time I watched back the final exported video I was like huh, not enough saturation and contrast. Dum de dum de dum... I go back into Davinci and play around until it looks good in their playback. Looks good on exported stills. Yay. Dum de dum... export again. Huh, not enough saturation and contrast still? Rinse and repeat until I realize there is something wrong.

The color looks exactly the same in Davinci and in Premiere - I have sent the XML back and forth and it is the same. However when I try to export - from either software - it is the same flatter, duller image. I've tried H264, ProRes - exporting directly from Davinci, directly from Premiere. I even sent the XML back from Premiere to Davinci (and it looked fine!) but the export from there was the same.

It's not playback just in Quicktime - it's playback everywhere. I have no idea what is causing this as it's never happened to me before. I beg for the sweetness of your help. I need to deliver to a client tomorrow for posting on social media and it is just not looking how it is supposed to. 

Attached the different screenshots. If you have any advice I will be filled to the brim with joy.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I'm sorry! Embedded here.

color in software.png

color exported.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, that's a weird problem. I hope you post back again when you find the solution. It might help others later on.

Too many unanswered questions re: your setup and all that stuff ... but maybe you'll figure it out by tomorrow for delivery to client.

Good luck !

just curious... have you been using resolve color managed and linear for timeline instead of rec 709 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's your OS? With this issue I can probably can assume, but I will ask ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines