• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add arrows in Premiere PRO CC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add arrows to my video to point out specific areas and movement.
I can add a simple line, but how do I add arrow heads?

This image (below) was done in Camtasia, but I can't find how to do it in Premiere.

arrowimage.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

There is no automated way.  You will have to draw them manually.

An alternative would be to insert an image of an arrow and position and scale it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ars1369,

You can use the drawing tools in the Titler to create various shapes, such as rectangles, ellipses, and lines.

Check this link: Drawing shapes in titles in Premiere Pro

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for not seeing the obvious, but I can draw a straight line.

I cannot find an automated way to add an arrowhead to the end of the line.

What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no automated way.  You will have to draw them manually.

An alternative would be to insert an image of an arrow and position and scale it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, if that's the case I'll just go back to using Camtasia. They automate several arrow types very easily, including motion. Appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An arrow is a line + a triangle. You could just add those on top of one another in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arrow two sided.png

arrrow draw with pentool.png

arrows.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is my solution for arrows in the Titler:

1. Generate a text arrow in a word processor. On a Mac you can find all the arrows with the Character Viewer (System Preferences > Keyboard > Show Keyboard & Character Viewers in menu bar). Open Character Viewer, select Arrows and hundreds come up. Clicking on an arrow to bring up the Font family – very important to know because Premiere does not paste the Font information (in CS6 at least)
  2. Double click on an arrow to bring it into an open word processor, copy the arrow, and note the Font family. Doesn't matter what orientation the arrow is, the orientation is changed in Premiere.
  3. Open the Titler, draw a text box, select the same Font Family that the arrow came from, and paste. The arrow should appear.
  4. Select the text box and alter to your heart's content: rotate, fatten, lengthen, shorten, change colour, whatever you want.

These are my favourite arrows. I keep them in a word processor for use in Premiere.

Adobe Gothic

Apple Gothic

Times New Roman

Arial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines