Highlighted

How to upload video files and work files to use on multiple computers.

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use Adobe Premiere Pro (or any app really) on my desktop and my laptop for when I'm not home. I bought all of the apps (student discount thing) and apparently 100gb of storage comes with it but I don't know how to use it. Is there any way I can upload

1) the work file that is automatically updated between the two computers when I save?

2) the video files (B roll etc.) to a certain app where I don't have to drag and drop them to my computer or change the directory in premiere?

Thank you

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to upload video files and work files to use on multiple computers.

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use Adobe Premiere Pro (or any app really) on my desktop and my laptop for when I'm not home. I bought all of the apps (student discount thing) and apparently 100gb of storage comes with it but I don't know how to use it. Is there any way I can upload

1) the work file that is automatically updated between the two computers when I save?

2) the video files (B roll etc.) to a certain app where I don't have to drag and drop them to my computer or change the directory in premiere?

Thank you

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this from Download & Install to the more appropriate Premier Pro forum.

Basically you can save work files to your Creative Cloud folder and sync it to your Cloud storage space.

Similarly, you must download work files from your Cloud storage to the other device.  Make sense?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in Premiere I can't choose the video file from my Creative Cloud folder? I have to put the file into CC from my desktop, then download it to my laptop from CC. But, the work files do not need to be moved over to my laptop.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
salvo34 LATEST
Advocate ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the best and fastest thing to do is for you to go through the hassel of just transferring files ( drag and drop to ssd, flash, ext drive, whatever ) normally from desktop to laptop and visa versa.

Think of the time savings in download and upload speeds .... if you can avoid internet.

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines