• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata column order, again

Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the column sort order change in the project panel when opening new bin views or changing the schema. I have read the "save a workspace" stuff. That is not reliable nor useful..

Additionally when opening different schemas I need the column order I set for that metadata display to repeat exactly as I had originally ordered it. No matter the workspace, the number of bins, etc.It is a complete waste of time to have to re-sort every time I change a schema.

This is a very logical (almost inherent in the whole concept of schemas)

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "opening new bin view" mean.  Just...opening a bin?  Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holding a modifier key to open an instance. Anytime I reopen a project or change the folder (as just indicated) the sort order is not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's just opening a bin.  Adding the word "view" confused me, because you don't "open" a view, you "change" it (from Icon to List, for example).

So you're saying that if a bin is sorted by Column B when it's closed, reopening will show it sorted by Column A?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same obnoxious problem as you. You setup a metadata display for your project and then any time you open a bin in a new tab or window - OR - close and reopen the project, all of the columns resize and place themselves however they see fit and ignore your configuration. Reset to saved workspace helps but it's pretty lame fix to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobebp73840461  wrote

I have the same obnoxious problem as you. You setup a metadata display for your project and then any time you open a bin in a new tab or window - OR - close and reopen the project, all of the columns resize and place themselves however they see fit and ignore your configuration. Reset to saved workspace helps but it's pretty lame fix to the issue.

This issue is really annoying. Adobe, how do we keep a saved metadata display from resetting every time a project is closed and then reopened? Also occurs when you open up a folder in the project panel in a new tab/window. Would this be considered a bug fix or feature request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this issue also. Can`t be so hard to fix this.

Would this be considered a bug fix or feature request?

Hello Adobe ??  Last entry from DMH79  07.05.2018   ....its August now !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Configure the metadata as you want, then in the metadata display panel, save the setting. The new saved setting should appear in the presets dropdown window.

Now open a new bin and the metadata should be displayed as the saved preset calls for:

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 9.47.35 AM.png

Works correctly on my Mac.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It  will recall the correct columns, but not in the correct order.  Any columns you select beyond the defaults will recall on the far right, even if they were the first column when you saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset to saved layout in the workspace will put the order back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate that behavior. When I create a new bin, the columns are displayed in the same (correct) order:

New Bin.gif

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MEG The Dog Thanks !!

It works for me too on MAC PCC 12.1.2 with new Bins. 

In addition , Programm opens exactly in the Configuration that it was closed before.

I had mixed up issues because of older Projekt Files and and sloppy preset management on my side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dennis, I was able to get the columns to order properly by following "Reset to saved layout in the workspace will put the order back." Granted, this workaround makes no sense intuitively. Adobe should fix issues like this that make no logical sense. I've looked at other threads withing Adobe's support and it doesn't list this workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines