Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\IsaacS\Desktop\RMED EXPORT\RMED-.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;13;59;06 - 00;13;59;15

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: 5

"

Things I've tried:

• No matter how I export this video, the error occurs right around the same time.
  • I've tried turning my computer off and on again
  • I've flattened the footage, swapped it, gotten rid of it. turned on and off color correction... No change.
  • I have created a new project, imported the old and copied the clips to a new timeline
  • I've wiped the cache
  • I've reset to system defaults
  • I've tried exporting just the problemed section, putting it in instead of the original footage
  • I exported a .mov which worked. but it was 500+gb
  • I tried to compress that .mov and got the same error as when trying to export straight from Premiere at the same time.
  • I removed the footage and the surrounding footage and audio... Nothing in that spot left. Same error, same place.
  • I can't even thing of anything else to try except removing the new ram I put in my computer a month ago to see if that helps.

Help!

A SOLUTION FOUND.

What I did that worked is so dumb it almost hurts.

1. I selected everything in my timeline and moved it a second or so down.
  2. set in point at the beginning of first clip
  3. set out point at the end of last clip
  4. export
  5. friggen works

Something about having the very first clip bump up against the very beginning of the timeline threw the whole thing off.

Here's how I discovered it:

1. export segments of the whole
  2. exported second half - no problem
  3. exported middle section - no problem
  4. exported beginning half - error (it "finished" the render, but the video file that was created was empty. 0kb file size)
  5. exported smaller section touching the beginning - error
  6. moved clips off of timeline beginning edge and exported a small clip - works
  7. export the whole thing using in and out points - works
  8. WTF

Glad it works. Nevermind about the how or what happened. Hopefully this helps someone else someday. Hello future person. Please tell me the world is better in your time than it is here in 2019.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multicam Premiere 2019 update, Error Code 5

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error report:

"

Export Error

Error compiling movie

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\IsaacS\Desktop\RMED EXPORT\RMED-.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;13;59;06 - 00;13;59;15

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: 5

"

Things I've tried:

• No matter how I export this video, the error occurs right around the same time.
  • I've tried turning my computer off and on again
  • I've flattened the footage, swapped it, gotten rid of it. turned on and off color correction... No change.
  • I have created a new project, imported the old and copied the clips to a new timeline
  • I've wiped the cache
  • I've reset to system defaults
  • I've tried exporting just the problemed section, putting it in instead of the original footage
  • I exported a .mov which worked. but it was 500+gb
  • I tried to compress that .mov and got the same error as when trying to export straight from Premiere at the same time.
  • I removed the footage and the surrounding footage and audio... Nothing in that spot left. Same error, same place.
  • I can't even thing of anything else to try except removing the new ram I put in my computer a month ago to see if that helps.

Help!

A SOLUTION FOUND.

4. export
  5. friggen works

Something about having the very first clip bump up against the very beginning of the timeline threw the whole thing off.

4. exported beginning half - error (it "finished" the render, but the video file that was created was empty. 0kb file size)
  8. WTF

Glad it works. Nevermind about the how or what happened. Hopefully this helps someone else someday. Hello future person. Please tell me the world is better in your time than it is here in 2019.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi isaacs89604095,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try to switch the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only (FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro? ) and check if it's exporting properly. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. Same issue. But I realize I did that in Media Encoder. Let me try straight out of premiere with the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only setting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the Software Only option. Same problem. Same code.
Next attempt:
I'm exporting up until the problem section. I'll export just the problem section. Then I'll export the rest. I'll put them into a new project and stitch them together and try to export that way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere stores the activity you've done in the Sequence ... sometimes simply deleting all cache/cache database files fixes and error in the sequence file, so try that next. Find where those files are, close Premiere, go there manually and delete them, reboot, then launch Pr and see if the problem remains.

If not ... copy the media to a different folder. Start a new project. With both projects open, each having an open timeline panel (perhaps in a pancake-editing setup) ... in the old project, bring up the sequence. Copy the clips.

Alt/drag the clips to the sequence in the new project.

Close the old project.

See if this works.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2019 2
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. I first switched  Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only, closed the programme, deleted the cashe files and then the export worked! Thanks!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A SOLUTION FOUND.

4. export
  5. friggen works

8. WTF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could tell you things are better in 2020. I'm running into a similar issue, it is alternating between selector 9 error code 5 and selector 9 error code 4. Currently on my 3rd export attempt and I'm trying to move my clips so they don't bump the beginning of the timeline (fingers crossed that works). Also my computer sounds like it's trying to enter orbit 😂.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

back in the day in fcp7 (or earlier) you would sometimes have a sequence you couldn't render or export.  One thing that sometime worked was to create a new sequence and copy and paste everything to the new sequence.  Seems like sometimes a sequence can get corrupt.  Don't know if that's what happened here but this has always been a go to troubleshooting step for me.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude! Thanks for the advice! I hope this will work for me as well! This will be my 4th attempt at exporting this video! As for the world being a better place... I am writing from the year 2020... if time travel was possible in 2019 I'd tell you to brace yourself! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0