• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF Files play in Premiere

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues importing some MXF files into adobe. When I try to import them it says they are unsupported or damaged files. It says the same thing when I try to encode them via Adobe Media Encoder. I have checked with others and they say the files play for them just fine, so its something with my machine. Some MXF files import and edit just fine. This is not typically an issue I have ran into.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running macOS Catalina by any chance? Apple dropped a lot of codec support when Catalina came out, notably Cineform MXF files. Other codecs in an MXF format/wrapper are likely affected as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running windows Ten!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you saying the people who can play mxf can play the same files you're having issues with?  And can you tell us where the files came from? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the same file plays in Premier for someone else. Adobe Premiere and After Effects typically work in tandem when it comes to editing and graphics. Today while I was putting a piece together I ran into the error code in the attached photo, while trying to export from Premiere. Trying to export from After Effects ended up having additional errors and issue that did not pop up error codes. I did receive a “Out of Memory” error screen and did delete all my cache for After Effects. Long story short I could not run the programs together and had to export the video of a package from After Effects, import that into Premiere, and export both out, which took 2 hours all together.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wondering if media info will read mxf files.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

If it does, you might see if you can determine what if any differences there are between the mxf files that will open and those that won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines