• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested sequences are automatically un-nesting

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with nested sequences a lot, and now, all of a sudden, Premiere seems to be refusing to allow me to bring any sequences into the Timeline as nested sequences. Usually, I can drag sequences from the Project window to the Timeline and get a nested sequence in the Timeline, but now it won't "drop" into the Timeline. If I instead load a sequence into the Source window and try to edit it into the Timeline as a clip, the sequence automatically "unpacks" into individual clips when it comes in. This is true of Photoshop files I imported as layered sequences as well as normal video sequences created in Premiere. It's a weird and sudden behavior change and I cannot figure out why. Please help!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Check this button:
button.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this button:
button.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That's it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for that, 

I work a lot with a one long master sequence of several hours and use it to strip child export sequences out of it.

My preferences had reset and I couldn't find the function. auto nesting was driving me nuts because in my case any change in master would update to all childs. 

additional keyword: nest un-nest, unnest,  source sequence to block . insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips.

thanks

other keyword

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines