• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere inconsistently reading audio peaks

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have a large premiere project which has a moment where I have 5 or so audio clips lined up to play at once, and am getting a reading that the audio is spiking but only when the clips are played overlapping. None of them spike when played back individually. Am I missing something about sound in premiere? Do clips add decibels to each other? On top of this, I only get a spike reading 70 percent of the time, and haven't been able to pinpoint where exactly the audio spikes. So even when I lower my loudest clips (that don't spike by themselves) by 5bd, it still spikes. I can eventually lower my clips by 7 or 8 to stop the spiking, so this isn't urgent. But it's really strange and frustrating to me to not be able to tell where my clips are spiking so I can fix them.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding any audio together it will get louder, you would expect about a 3db rise when adding two similar level tracks together. I would use some sort of dynamics treatment on the master track to control the peaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three audio transitions have different effects ... constant gain, constant power, and exponential fade. Try them out to find out which works for you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't forget to expand each audio track to the same size ( vertically ) so the waveforms are the same basic size . that allows you to visually see what the peaks are.

overlapping the same volumes levels does not add accumulative gain to your edit...it just stays at the highest audio track of the mix.

it may LOOK like the waveforms are the same when too small in UI to see the real peaks...so then you can use the UI stuff to solo each track and try to see that difference in real time, but it's not as good as seeing it visually on the timeline, in terms of accuracy of where ONE OR MORE of tracks are higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s.

typically I do that adjustment to see it on timeline and then match the levels as desired using edit control ( show volume line and lower or raise slightly as needed ). I do it, listen to mix, do it again, listen again, and get my balance that way ( let's say between background music, voice over, and other sounds ).

Is kinda easy but takes a few minutes ... 

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines