• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 stuck in "Not Responding" Can't open old or new projects

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated to PP 2020 and now I'm unable to open new and old projects alike. No matter what I do the program ends up in a frozen screen of "Not Responding." 

I've tried uninstalling the application, updating my drivers, then reinstalling and installing the drivers once again and still the same issue persists. Not sure what I need to do to once again be able to create new projects and edit. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding down the Option (Alt) key when launching Premiere. This will reset all your preferences back to their default state:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/... 

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave it a shot, it did reset my preference but, it resulted in the same issue as before. "Not Responding." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm experiencing the same issue, did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any plugins for Pr?

If so, you should press Shift+Alt while you launch Pr (from the Pr shortcut, not by double-clicking a project file). Release when you see the splash screen.

That resets your prefs and your plugin cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given it a try, it reset but still reading not responding... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same issue... Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. When I open PP I cannot view anything and PP is freezing. Uninstalled and reinstalled the software but I still have the problem of the software "not responding". It is really frustrating as my daughter needs the software for school work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... In fact every project on my system and I have many due to revisitng clients - non of them can be opened without creating a new project and importing everytime.... It is the only way to open a project.

WAKE UP ADOBE! FIX THE ISSUE PLEEEEAAAASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same issue. Started after the last update. Reinstalling the previous version does not resolve it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it will help anyone but I have the same problem. I juist bought a new iMAc just a few days ago and my projects opened no problem. I tried connecting an external monitor and premiere did not play nice with the external monitor. Gave up on the external monitor but cant open projects now.I dont think the external monitor playing did this but it happeend after I tried. What HAS helped me though is I created a new project and that opened fine. In the new project I opened my old projects without a problem. Why I need to do it through a new project I dont know. Hope it can help until Adobe figures this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually helps! Thank you! By any chance did your projects have AE compositions? Mine do. So I was thinking it has to do with dynamic link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from AE. And like I said it worked at first when I started my new iMac up earlier in the week. I didnt do any upgrades to the Premiere app just downloaded and installed when I first got my computer. Odd what happened. Good to know it doesnt just work for me. Glad I could help out...I've been helped so much over the years here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, but my isssue is that PP does not start at all, so I am not even able to start with a nw project 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and importing files into a new project doesn't work for me. Anyone else experiencing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened a second project after creating a new one not import a project into a project. Hope that can help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. At this point, premier is entirely just crashing no matter what project I open. This is perplexing because I've cleared my caches, updated my NVIDIA driver, used software only encoding, updated media encoder, and took your advice of starting a new project and none of it worked. I wish I was at least getting an error code but the program just freezes and stops responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something def went wrong with Premiere. I thought it was my new computer but it opened fine for a few days. Sorry my workaround didnt help you. Not having an error code and it just hanging is very fustrating...I know it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, now already for a week I am not able to open the app at all. Have been helped by 5 different people from Adobe (Shweta, Aditya, Sneha, Varun and Dasari) All tried to fix it the same way and all failed. (uninstalling, installing, older version, updating, renaming folders to OLD, etc etc. It is just not responding. Other Adobe programs no problem.

Today I am awaiting a phone call from Adobe and we try again. Keep my fingers crossed as I am already over a week behind in my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this is a Bug in 14.5?

Downgrading to 14.3.2 solved that issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, have tried it, but older version do not work anymore either... At least now the startup screen comes in sight, but it just never launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it solved a problem where the projects stopped loading during loading screen.

we didn't have any issues with premiere not starting. good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines