• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashed on nearly 20 export attempts over the last fortnight SOS please

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. Nearly 20 export attempts of two 45min videos in the last fortnight with all but about 3 crashing. Sadly I've converted from an Adobe advocate to a vehement hater. I simply cannot successfully export the final version to client & I've got more in the pipeline.

I've attempted all troubleshooting I could find on the Community forum but no success. If I can't get this worked out ASAP, I'll need to redo the two projects in my copy of Resolve Studio 16 (& learn how to use it) which I've been procrastinating on taking up.

I would be really grateful if an Adobe Ninja had suggestions before I have to dump Adobe in the trash & redo all my work.

It's a training video that has video & some text slides and one error I received alot said "A font that is required for this export has changed. Please restart the export". The font I used is "Tahoma". I attempted to export individual text slides & found some crashed with this error so deleted & reproduced the slide from scratch including a completely new layer. They then individually exported OK. So I wouldn't think this is a problem now.

richardb29882897_0-1595145986572.png

Unfortunately when I now attempt to export the full video I either get a complete crash with no explanation & I have to login to CC again OR I get an explanation (like below) followed by a crash & have to login to CC again.

richardb29882897_1-1595146023781.png

richardb29882897_2-1595146041056.png

I'm running PP version:

richardb29882897_3-1595146070381.png

I also have the problem that I cannot update CC giving me "Error 508". I've tried all the online troubleshooting to fix this (including setting up another local Windows acc) but no success. I'm not sure if this issue is related to my export crash problem.

Media Encoder has been equally unsuccessful crashing with the same or no errors.

Some video clips have Warp Stabilizer, Unsharp Mask & Lumetri.

My system specs are below but if you need more info please ask. Thank you.

Time of this report: 7/18/2020, 16:31:10
Machine name:
Machine Id:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z370M D3H
BIOS: F7 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32718MB RAM
Page File: 15244MB used, 33858MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C03&SUBSYS_86181043&REV_A1
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 22411 MB
Dedicated Memory: 6052 MB
Shared Memory: 16359 MB
Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)
HDR Support: Supported
Display Topology: Internal
Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
Color Primaries: Red(0.671875,0.318359), Green(0.207031,0.712891), Blue(0.148438,0.055664), White Point(0.313477,0.329102)
Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.284400, Max Luminance = 400.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 351.276398
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: BenQ SW271
Monitor Id: BNQ7F5F
Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (60.001Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported )
Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
Advanced Color: AdvancedColorSupported
Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f5de485bfda7bb25\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f5de485bfda7bb25\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f5de485bfda7bb25\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f5de485bfda7bb25\nvldumdx.dll
Driver File Version: 26.21.0014.4274 (English)
Driver Version: 26.21.14.4274
DDI Version: 12
Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
Driver Model: WDDM 2.6
Graphics Preemption: Pixel
Compute Preemption: Dispatch
Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
Detachable GPU: No
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
Power P-states: Not Supported
Virtualization: Paravirtualization
Block List: No Blocks
Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:True
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 13/03/2020 10:00:00 AM, 963992 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5F43-11CF-4163-16A61BC2D735}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x1C03
SubSys ID: 0x86181043
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem21.inf:0f066de38c1ebff8:Section046:26.21.14.4274:pci\ven_10de&dev_1c03
Rank Of Driver: 00CF2001
Video Accel:

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem. I've been trying for weeks and have not had a successful export, yet. I got the "A font that is required for this export has changed" error message, too. And I'm just using generic fonts that ship with Premiere Pro. Other times I received the same "Sorry, a serious error has occured..." without any explaination. If it does work, then there's other glitchy problems that appear in the final video. I'm on Mac and having the same problem. So I'm pretty sure this is a bug throughout the 2020 versions. Unfortunately, people like you and me are stuck trying to figure out what to do. I hope someone comes on here with an answer because I'm stumped, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bandon,

My reputation is trash with this customer now away because I had them review the rough videos, I made the changes but simply can't deliver the finals.

I wanted to test what was going on so I've gone through 50 clips & text slides exporting every single one and blocking an additional 30 into a couple of groups to test which crashed. Any that crashed I rebuilt from the ground up with a completely new layer. So every one of the 80 now individually exports without crashing. I'm going to take Meg_The_Dog's advice (even though I've tried it before) & run an export overnight using the Software Encoding only. If it crashes again I might try mgrenadier's advice to change all the fonts but I'm not going out to Photoshop (even though I use it for stills) because as a customer I shouldn't have to go to extreme workarounds just to use PP.

I'm emotionally really close to dumping PP & restarting all my projects using Resolve which my associates (frustratingly) seem to have no problems with. I'll let you know how I get on because businesses like you & I can't afford to waste this sort of time with poorly performing Applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

FYI. I individually exported that enormous number of clips yesterday, replaced from scratch any that crashed & then ran an export in VBR 1 Pass last night. I accidently left it on Hardware Encoding even though I intended to follow Meg_the_Dog's good advice to try Software Encoding but the export still went through successfully. So I now have one of the videos for final delivery to the client & will follow the same procedure for the other.

I don't know if it will export properly using VBR 2 Pass but I'm going to give it a try.

From this experience I suspect PP did some weird text related corruption on random clips at some time during edit. If you are willing to run individual exports on any clips that have text & create them again from scratch if they crash, you will hopefully be able to weed out the corrupted clips then try a full export. Don't give up on your work mate, try this & see if it works for you.

Adobe's biggest risk is not competitors attracting clients away, but Adobe causing clients to want to leave.

Good luck mate.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I'm not terribly thrilled with 2020 Premiere Pro nor Media Encoder myself, either. I've also missed deadlines because of glitches and bugs that I didn't experience in 2019. I'll report the bugs when I have time to Uservoice. Anyway, I'll be curious if 'Software Only' works for you. I'm not getting the font error anymore on 'Software Only,' but instead other things are not exporting correctly now after waiting forever and a half. Hope you have better luck than me! Keep us posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon, I discovered Windows hadn't fully updated previously because of a corrupted file or something so went through an awfuly complex process to reset & reinstall it & so I now have the latest version. I was then able to update CC which previously wasn't updating with "Error 508" so I was getting really excited.

I uninstalled ME & PP then reinstalled the latest versions. I restarted, then ran an export of one of the 45min videos through ME as a: VBR 2 Pass, Hardware CUDA, quality 16 with max render 16 & no other boxes ticked. This resulted in a "Encoding is in progress. Do you really want to quit?" error. I & others have seen this error before & no matter how many times you hit "no" the dialogue box keeps coming back so I cancelled the export.

I then wondered whether my Kaspersky Antirus/Firewall was the culprit so disconnected Network conntection & turned off all Kaspersky functions. I also wondered if ME was to blame so ran the next export direct from PP. I used VBR 2 pass  & as Meg_The_Dog suggested tried Software only with quality 16 & max render 16 but no other boxes ticked. I woke up this morning to find PP had crashed & restarted the PC.

I logged back in to my PC, started Kaspersky again, reconnected to the Network & logged back into CC because it had kicked me out.

I got into PP to reattempt export AGAIN but clicked File then Media & PP won't even let me into the Export dialogue box now!

Adobe products are the biggest steaming pile. I ask myself why I'm still trying to get PP to work when I've got multiple copies of Resolve Studio 16 from a couple of Pocket cameras I bought. The only pleasure I get is telling everyone I come across about my experience & how they should avoid Adobe. Sorry to negative man but Adobe just gets you down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Mac operating system to see if that would work better with the Premiere Pro 2020 versions. And this same thing just happened to me again. Most of the time it does not (other buggy errors). I read something on this other page, where people suspected that closing out of another Adobe application in the middle of their export was causing it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/problem-exporting-quot-a-font-that-is-required-has-chang...

No idea if that is actually the case. But I'm going to try again and just not touch my computer until it's complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brandon.

I just got a successful export of a 35min project from 4K mjpeg to H.264. It took 29 hours! A month ago, similar exports would take my system up to 10 hours.

Initially I:

1. Stopped Windows & Kaspersky (my antivirus) updates, and

2. Uninstalled 14.3.1 & installed 14.0.1 after trying multiple prior versions.

Exporting with 14.0.1 resulted in an "Error compiling movie." so Google suggested the changes:

1. Edit/Preferences/Memory - Change "Optimize Rendering for" from Performance to Memory, and

2. Edit/Preferences/Memory - Reduce "RAM reserved for other Applications" as low as possible which for me was 3GB.

Since you are on MAC you may find success with 14.0.1 without making the Edit/Preferences/Memory changes I had to.

I've been in contact with the Helpdesk (who are great dudes) & they have all the error reports & dump files I could send them so we'll see if they can make PP commercially viable for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, try setting your Export Encoding Settings to Software Only:

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 11.03.53 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if mtd's suggestion doesn't help, maybe it is the font.  try using photoshop to create your titles and save as a ping which should have transparency and not require referencing the font in premiere.  You can get a free trial of photoshop.  If you don't want to bother, try replacing the font with something simple like arial or helvetica and see if that solves the problem.  If it does, it's a font issue.. and you'll either need to generate your titles in photoshop or replace the font.   

Of course if you can use the font in premiere, copy the title to a new sequence with the same settings and use the "export frame" command to export a png which will have transparency and again, not reference the font... and then replace the title in your premiere sequence with the png...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meg_The_Dog. I wanted to test what was going on so I've gone through 50 clips & text slides exporting every single one and blocking an additional 30 into a couple of groups to test which crashed. Any that crashed I rebuilt from the ground up with a completely new layer. So every one of the 80 now individually exports without crashing.

I'm going to try an export overnight using Software only because the 45min video will take about 14hours if VBR 2 pass.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread after seeing you post about this issue in the patch notes for the lastest version of Premiere. In that thread, you mention you're using media from a Canon 1Dxii. I looked up the specs for that camera and it appears to shoot in VBR. Premiere is notorious for not handling VBR footage well. This may be a tall order for your 45 min sequence, but would it be possible for you to transcode your footage to an intermediate codec like Cineform or Prores? 

Here's something you could quickly test: if you take one raw clip from this camera, maybe 60 secs worth, make a new sequence, apply Warp Stabilizer, Unsharp Mask & Lumetri, will this 60 sec clip export correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff, thanks so much for looking in.

I suspected there was a corrupt file/s so ran exports on 50 individual clips/slides & another 30 I bundled into a couple of batches. Every footage file exported correctly but a couple of the text slides had error "A font that is required for this export has changed. Please restart the export". I deleted & rebuilt those text slides from scratch & they then exported fine.

I tried exporting VBR 1 Pass, sometimes it worked but I'd get some pixelated frames occasionaly so couldn't deliver the file. VBR 2 Pass would always throw up the error "Encoding is in progress. Do you really want to quit?" then crash OR just straight crash & restart the machine.

Thanks for the pointer on the 1DX ii, it might turn out to be the problem.

I got on to the Adobe helpdesk & one of their Ninjas is working on it now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines