Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resources for Remote Video Editing

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

The Adobe Digital Audio and Video Team is kicking off a round of fresh content to help support our community working from home.

We have a team blog with resources, a new video from Jason Levine, and an enterprise webinar from Karl Soule and an in-depth blog to provide a wealth of tips, tools and best practices for working from home. The list of resources will continue to grow as we find new ideas to share.

Link to the blog: https://theblog.adobe.com/working-remotely-adobe-can-help/

• Join Principle Evangelist Jason Levine in his latest livestream Q &A covering Remote Video Workflows using Team Projects

After Jason's video is a video playlist with other helpful videos on remote video editing.

Stay productive with Adobe Team Project’s remote collaborationStay productive with Adobe Team Project’s remote collaborationAdobe Offers Team Projects to Creative Cloud Individual Users Free
Working Remotely? Adobe Offers Team Projects to Premiere Pro and After Effects Users with a Creative Cloud Individual License Through August 17, 2020.

Info here.

Discussion & Resources here.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted hardware expert, Bob Zelin gives this advice: Remote access to your data during these crazy times (Reddit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds interesting! Should check this out. Our editors have been caught off guard with a  sudden lockdown with not laptops. Moreover, they were so used to working on a 3 monitor setup, they never carried a laptop.

www.santanu.biz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this tweet from editor, Christian Glawe very helpful. Please list your work at home ideas in this thread. Thanks!

Work at Home Hints from @ChristianGlaweWork at Home Hints from @ChristianGlawe

I know a lot of #post #edit #postchat folks have suddenly been “displaced” from their offices, & are working from home. I've actually been doing the bulk of my work from home for several years now, and I've learned a few things that I'd like to share.

Keep to your work routine/schedule. Take a shower, have breakfast, put on real clothes. Make sure you are at the desk by 9:00 (or 10:00, if that's your normal time), just like a 'normal' day. Working from home doesn't mean sleeping in, and “making it up” at night.

Home space = distractions. If possible, locate your office somewhere other than living room/kitchen. Resist the urge to do household tasks during work hours, no matter how small they may seem. Cleaning the kitchen can wait. Mail can wait. Laundry can wait.

Turn off phone/computer notifications. Distractions are more insidious when it's just you in the office. Check email/messages first thing in am, lunch, and again late afternoon. If comms are coming more often, then check every hour or so, but still turn off notifications.

For heaven's sake, get outside for 30 mins/day. You aren't commuting, so Vitamin D intake (from the sun) is going to be less. I get out of chair for 5 minutes every hour or so, go stand outside, and refocus eyes/mind by looking at some trees. Eat lunch outside, if possible.

Once the day is done, it's done. Resist urge to “polish that scene a little bit after dinner.” One of most insidious traps about working from home is how easy and accessible work is, 24/7. Once day is done, get up, move away from desk, and stay away until morning.

That said, flexibility is one of greatest assets of working from home. If you must shift your day's hours (appt/meeting), do so. Keep careful track of your hours/time, so you know when your day is done, and so you can provide accurate time counts for invoicing/payroll.

Working from home, you are most likely your own AE, so take special care to work carefully: Increment project files each and every day. Backup projects both to cloud and locally. Even though you are home, you are a professional... work like one.

—Christian Glawe, Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, Kevin ... thankfully I'd just swallowed a sip of coffee before reading your comment, or I'd have sprayed my keyboard, Wacom tablet, Elements panel and a couple monitor screens with hot coffee!

I haven't had a chance to test out the NDI tools yet myself, but ... looking forward to trying it out early next week. Being able to simply share my main UI monitor while editing ... or selecting the Transmit Out monitor ... would be useful for us one-person-shop operators who occasionally do things for/with others who would like to see something and comment.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol Neil you are a fuuny guy hehe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to a page that gives a detailed setup process for creating remote-viewing from Premiere for editors who must screen-share with directors/producers/clients.

The main part of the article is Mac based, but down near the bottom are some even less expensive ways to do this on PCs.

Neil

https://sofimarshall.com/real-time-remote-editing/#Appendix_Reader_Insights

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NDI TOOLS is a free suite of applets, including a Premiere plugin that works on both Mac OS and Windows OS to stream the "Transmit Out" signal from Premiere to the web. I've seen a report of using this with Zoom or Skype to have a 'virtual' meeting while editing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

Cool. NDI provides the tools that connect Character Animator and streams to OBS, YouTube, and Facebook. Attend a meeting as a Character Animator puppet and blow your boss' mind. I showed up as the Rainbow Unicorn once and freaked out my whole team. They could not figure out it was me and it was hilarious. 

Cheers,
Kevin (at home)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to have to give this a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Character Animator in a streaming webcam meeting. Show up as "Startdust" the Rainbow Unicorn. It's hilarious.

Windows

macOS

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Michael Kammes' video on how to edit in the cloud using virtual machines and BeBop technology. Very cool stuff!

What's the video quality like when you edit in the cloud with BeBop?

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Livestream Podcast Q&A How to Build Your Remote Post-Production Workflow

Zack ArnoldZack Arnold

Zack Arnold: ACE Creator, Optimize Yourself Film & TV Editor (Cobra Kai, Empire, Burn Notice, Shooter, Glee)

Michael KammesMichael KammesMichael Kammes: Director of Business Development, BeBop Technology Former Director of Technology, Key Code Media Creator, 5 THINGS Web Series

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render Garden - Render Faster in After EffectsRender Garden - Render Faster in After EffectsRender Garden from Mekajiki has a free Home edition for the duration of the crisis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've developed a solution to stream live from Premiere to collaborate quickly using the NDI feature together with OBS. You don't need any hardware and clients can watch in a web browser or iOS app.  

We offer a free trial so you can see it in action, here is the tutorial: https://pixelview.io/post/tutorial-stream-from-premiere-pro-to-pixelview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mentioned the YouTube playlist on Remote Video Editing in an earlier post. In case you missed it. Click here.

YouTube Playlist - Remote EditingYouTube Playlist - Remote Editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines