• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run Script Error | Expected: )

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open Premiere Pro, I get the message of Run Script Error - Expected: )

I can't seem to find the solution! Does anyone have an idea about this issue and a possible solution?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

PPro and AE haven't supported Windows 7 for some time.

When you say "I have the same error with PP and AE", does error mean the run script error (start of this discussion), or does error mean you can't install onto Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

does this occur when u just open the program or when u r opening a project?

cause i had this error when trying to apply specific effects to footage. the fix was to avoid apostrophes or other special characters / glyphs in both the project (file) name and any footage file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into that several times; most often, when I have a typo in the .jsx of my panel's ExtendScript. 

Have any panels installed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a fresh install of premiere pro, and have been getting this error since I first opened the application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some script is being run, upon launch. Usually, scripts are run from within third party extensions. Do you have any installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't installed any. Is there any folder, where I can go and fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions
Mac:        /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions

Let me know (screenshot?) what folders you see in those directories. 

Are you perhaps launching PPro from a Windows shortcut?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any folder named CEP, Below is the reference for directories.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That listing is within \Program Files; could you check in \Program Files (x86)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the directory!

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did an upgrade to Windows 10 to allow me to use Adobe CC as it would not allow me to install Premiere Pro under Windows 7 and I have the same error with PP and AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPro and AE haven't supported Windows 7 for some time.

When you say "I have the same error with PP and AE", does error mean the run script error (start of this discussion), or does error mean you can't install onto Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 on an i7.  I called Adobe and they said it was my video card and to go to the Adobe site and see whats video cards were compatible.  Which I think is so silly considering I can run everything else on my $1000 video card.  Granted it is old, but should still be able to be used.  I am not happy.  Especially considering I also had to upgrade to Windows 10 as well.  No wonder people are using macs although I much prefer a PC.  Works fine on my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does this occur when u just open the program or when u r opening a project?

cause i had this error when trying to apply specific effects to footage. the fix was to avoid apostrophes or other special characters / glyphs in both the project (file) name and any footage file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when the program opens and I have go through and hit the OK button 6 or so times when the program starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mh... so u can't fix it by avoiding special characters?... bummer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No and not impressed with Adobe's answer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't heard of this issue before; I'm not clear on why avoiding special characters won't work for you? I think MPoczynek's theory is correct, and that whatever script(?) is having problems parsing what it's passed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never created a project on this program ever.

It is a new install on a computer that has never had PP installed.  

I did Google the issue and there are a number of people reporting this with no resolution.  

After Effects; just installed as well gives me the same error 5 times.  Here is the screenshot:

AE2020 error.JPG

Adobe Tech Support was quick to tell me it was my video card.  Here are my system specs and PP error clip:

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020.JPGdriver roll back.JPGvideo config 2.JPGvideo config.JPGwin ver.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine say's the same im not really sure what to do... Adobe isnt realy giving me any answer's and also whenever i try to speed ramp my footage it like glitches or like skips frames. Is there a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe said to me to replace my video card with one they have on their "approved" list.  Found here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#gpu-acceleration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix : watch this video to understand the issue and fix it.

https://youtu.be/C2X8581tmDE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand how that video would apply. 

The run script error likely had to do with the panel code being executed, when bringing in media from the panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines