System requirements Premiere Pro version 14.8.0 for macOS 11.1

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have converted some DVD-5 disks to digital files (MPEG-4) which I wish to work with Premiere Pro however I am not certain if my iMac meets the requirements for Pr 14.8.0?

Should I experience problems will I have to install and use an earlier version of the software?

I am a new user of Premiere Pro so I do not wish to start on the wrong foot!

Additional info in the screen captures.

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 6.54.33 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-01-16 at 6.32.59 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.2.3, LrC 10.2, Lr 4.1, Ps 22.3, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.
TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a free trial to see if premiere is working.  Your source material is standard def and shouldn't put undue strain on almost any system that's capable of running premiere.  I'm running premiere 2019 on a 2012 macbookpro with 16 gigs of ram without any issues and premiere 2019 is still available if you have any issues with 2020.  I'm running 2020 on the same macbookpro without any serious issues besides the fact that the lumetric scopes do not appear...  

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I am specifically worried about the GPU which does not meet the recommended requirements for my 27" monitor. Will test the files and hope I do not run into problems. The converted files are not of high resolution.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.2.3, LrC 10.2, Lr 4.1, Ps 22.3, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a complete break down on the System Requirements for Premiere Pro 2021

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PREMIERE PRO 2021 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoJtMyAElzM

Premiere Pro 2021 System Requirements. What size graphics card do I need for Premiere Pro? How much ram does my computer need to run premiere pro? what is th...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines