V1 layer not displaying in program monitor

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing an iphone screen recording on V2 and attempted to do a blurred background on V1 underneath it. However, it's not showing up in program.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 2.47.20 PM.png

When I toggle off V2, though, it still shows up in the sequence. Is there a setting I may have mistakenly turned on or off that's causing this problem? 

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 2.54.10 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the pixel size of the V2 footage? It's almost like the black borders are part of the footage. You could try making an opacity mask to crop the V2 material.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
lindsaym84583783 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right - the black borders on V2 were part of the video, and were just covering up V1. I used a crop effect and that worked. Thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a difference as in the first screenshot V1 has a yellow fx icon and in the second screensot V1 has a green Fx icon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines