Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Volume vs Gain vs Amplify. And A few other questions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I have a few questions and will be as descriptive as I can about each of them. As they are all related I am asking them all at once.

1) What is the difference between Volume vs Gain vs Amplify.

From what I have read,(please do correct me if I am wrong) volume is the "output" sound of the audio, and "gain" increases the "input" signal. So to apply this to premiere when the gain is increased on a clip the clip will have a strong signal to begin with, and when the volume of the same clip is increased it will have a strong signal when it is processed(rendered).

But then what does amplify do?

What is the correct way to increase the "loudness" of an audio clip. I have been using volume, gain and amplify interchangeably.

2)Big Waveform with audio tracks

When I change the gain the waveform on my timeline changes, but I am unable to apply gain to an audio track, let's say that I know all audio in track-1 will need a gain of 10db.

And I want a big waveform to work with(this is a must) so I would have to apply a gain of +10db to each clip. If add "amplify" or "channel volume" to the audio track I will not get the increased waveform.

What is the solution to this as I am looking to create a template where all audio in track-1 will have some effects applied to it but I am not getting the increased waveform.

Thanks

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?