Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEVC Codec?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used Adobe Rush several times and had great success with it, but it has been a few months.

Now, I am attempting to create a video project, and am receiving messages and issues I never had before.

When going to share/export the file, I am first getting a notification that the HEVC Codec is required for this and that I now have to use an Adobe paid plan to get this. Nevertheless, after clicking okay, the export gets about halfway through, then the app freezes. No matter which preset I choose, this happens.

Upon opening and reloading my file, all preview playback has stopped working. I can hear the audio track, but none of the videos are playing back.

I do not think system is causing an issue; I have an 8-core Ryzen CPU and a Radeo 6750XT - not a workstation GPU, but still decent. I used to use rush without issue on a budget laptop.

A few questions.

1 - Has this "paid user" requirement changed? Did I miss this somehow? I was considering paying for an adobe software package after being happy with the program, but now...this is just nickling-and-diming. I hope I don't have to pay a subscription just for a codec to export a short video.

2 - How do I get the project, which I spent several hours on, to play again? 

Any help and clarification would be appreciated, as right now, I'm not very thrilled with Adobe products--and this is not a very good way to showcase why someone should upgrade to a paid subscription.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Hi @K SWM,

Sorry about that. Can you give us details of your Creative Cloud subscription? Is it a photography plan or all apps? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @K SWM,

Sorry about that. Can you give us details of your Creative Cloud subscription? Is it a photography plan or all apps? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the free version now. Did that change?
Am I no longer able to export videos on the free version of Rush?

Kevin
Second Wind Music
Kevin@secondwindmusic.us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin - @K SWM,

Thanks for the message. If you are using the Starter version, then you have unlimited exports. If you are not able to export more than three videos, you might have the previous version. For that, update Rush.

That said, HEVC is not supported in the free version. You should probably be shooting and editing video in H.264 until you can upgrade your subscription. Do you need help with that? Do you shoot on iPhone? In Camera Settings, look for "most compatible mode."

For best results, prior to importing HEVC footage, convert (AKA transcode or "ripping") the footage. You can covert your videos to H.264 or, better yet, ProRes LT using Media Encoder. If your subscription does not have a Media Encoder option, you can use freeware called Shutter Encoder to transcode the video to something Rush can work with. I find that ProRes LT works the best, but it also generates large files. I just delete these intermediate files once I am done editing with them, as I still have the camera originals. I hope that makes sense.

Let us know if you have any questions. I hope we can help you get back on track with Rush..

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I have got the same issue here mate. It says I have the Premier version but got the codec issue. 

Cheers, Butch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Butch - @Trunk_Grimshaw,

Got your note. Do you have the Premiere Pro Single App subscription? I don't see that app listed in your second screen shot. If I'm not incorrect, it appears that you have the free version of Rush, which does not support HEVC codec. If you do have the single app, try logging out of Creative Cloud, then log back in.

For the free "Starter" version, my advice is to shoot video in H.264 and not HEVC. Let me know if you need help with that. On iPhone, this is referred to as "most compatible" mode in Camera Settings, I believe. Check that out. We're here to help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this problem, too. I have a photography plan. Adobe, please help me get this rectified ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines