• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Original 4K files from IPhone seem to be lost after project completed in Premiere Rush

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am a new user of Oremiere Rush. (But I have used Première Pro for many years). Recently, while on vacation, I made a short Premiere Rush project to edit and show around some beautiful IPhone 12 4K HDR rushes. After that, when I went back home I downloaded to my computer the video files from the IPhone in order to create a new 4K project with Premiere Pro . I was devastated to discover that the video files that I had edited with Premiere Rush were now only in full HD 1920x1080 in the IPhone and not anymore 4K. I suspect that Première Rush destroyed the source files when I exported the Rush project. Can someone confirm this. Or if I am wrong then tell me how /where I can find the original files? I would very much appreciate this help. 

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Export , Import , Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iOS, Rush makes a simple copy of all media that you import. That copy is saved to the app's sandbox, and it's a bit-for-bit copy--no transcoding, down-resing, or anything. Rush never touches the original media in iOS Photos. 
If your device is on iOS 15, please select one of the clips in Photos and tap the "i" button. This opens the Info panel where you can check the resolution of the media on the phone. If it's 4K, then the content must have been stepped on when you copied it to your desktop or laptop computer. In which case it would help to know how exactly you performed that copy. If the iPhone reports that the clips are 1080, then I don't know what to tell you--except that I cannot conceive of how Rush could have changed the media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your reply. I double checked. The footage is 1080p, and the other clips just after and before it are 4K. After reading your answer I think that the fault might be mine, not Premieres'.  I might have hit the slow button just beside the video record button on my IPhone.

thank you very much for getting back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines