• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back Matter Index Page missing space between Page Name and Number

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The index page that is getting generated in my Word Preset does not have a space between the Page Name and page number.  Is there a was to fix this or customize the styling?  Using the book master page.Screenshot 2022-11-16 183921.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Robohelp are you using. Please include the full number including patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something wacky going on with this post. Jared PM'd me with their version number (and I realised my original post requesting the version number appears to have been deleted). Anyway, Jared is on 2020.8.34.

I don't have access to RH2020 right now, but as a first step, there is a pdf.css file created for new projects, which contains a bunch of styles for controlling pdf output. You could try getting the styles from that css and seeing if there's a style for the page number (if there is, maybe play around with a margin-left or padding-left setting?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020.jpg

2022.jpg

As you can see the 2020 index @Jared2668751629v7 is seeing is the default and 2022 seems to have "solved" the problem by not having page numbers or links.

I am hoping to speak to someone at Adobe shortly and will enquire.

UPDATE

Checking another project (the About RoboHelp sample project) the page numbers in 2022 are shown but the same as in 2020 above. This will obviously get fixed in the 2022 version but I can't say when.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for shareing this information Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also the following two issues I logged for ~2020.5. I'd forgotten I'd looked at this when testing to see if RH2020 was acceptable to upgrade to.

1. https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-9902

This was closed after fixing only the subkeyword indenting issue.

2. So I logged everything else again in a new ticket, which as far as I know hasn't been fixed.

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-10924

Feel free to check to see what issues are still a problem in RH2022. Or which new issues have been created. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amebr, I will have a look at the issues you referenced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you vote, there might be a chance it could get fixed in a RH2022 patch 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have shown this problem to someone at Adobe and it will get looked at. I cannot say when and I suggest you nonetheless report it. In particular include a link to my images at https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/back-matter-index-page-missing-space-between-pag...

Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp