• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you remove the header from HTML5 output?

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a way to remove the header from an HTML5 output (RH2020)? The charchoal_grey skin works for what I need, except for the header, as the content will be embedded into another website. I tried to follow instructions on an older post (linked below) but the scss file appears to have been updated and the line numbers provided in the answer for that post are no longer applicable.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-header-desktop-comp...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Those instructions are definitely not relevant for New UI. 🙂

There's no built in way to hide it. If you have a friendly web developer they can help you inspect the output to figure out codes changes required to hide it. You'd put these changes in a custom css file and add it to the skin under Layout > User Assets.

I had a quick look, hoping it would be simple to just hide that bar, but it looks like there's a lot of moving parts to adjust.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Thank you! I was able to figure this out with your suggestions. What I did:

• Used StudioCompass frameless skin and edited it to look as I needed
  • I created a CSS file with the below code and added it to the skin under Layout > User Assets

et voila! no header. Thank you!

.RH-LAYOUT-HOMEPAGE-TITLEBAR-container {
	display: none !important; 
}
.RH-LAYOUT-HEADER-container { 
} 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those instructions are definitely not relevant for New UI. 🙂

There's no built in way to hide it. If you have a friendly web developer they can help you inspect the output to figure out codes changes required to hide it. You'd put these changes in a custom css file and add it to the skin under Layout > User Assets.

I had a quick look, hoping it would be simple to just hide that bar, but it looks like there's a lot of moving parts to adjust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I was able to figure this out with your suggestions. What I did:

• Used StudioCompass frameless skin and edited it to look as I needed
  • I created a CSS file with the below code and added it to the skin under Layout > User Assets

et voila! no header. Thank you!

.RH-LAYOUT-HOMEPAGE-TITLEBAR-container {
}
.RH-LAYOUT-HEADER-container { 
} 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention that Frameless skins have far more configuration options. It is a different output with different skins and URL structure though, so depending on how the help is used or integrated into desktop or web applications it may require some development involvement (e.g. context sensitive help calls). Something to keep in mind for the future, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp