• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Robohelp to Zendesk, no option for Zendesk appears

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project finished and I need to export it to Zendeck. I've setup Zendesk as a Publisher Profile, but the Zendesk options to no appear in the output panel. There is no way to send the file to them. I've been on Adobe tech support but so far they are no help. It seems like such an easy issue: where is the Zendesk options that match the Adobe Robohelp online help pages?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Have you created a Knowledge Base preset?

image.png

When you click Done go to the Zendesk group. Are you not seeing your profile in the dropdown.

image.png

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used the general chat box on the main site, try the dedicated technical communication suite people using the email address on this page:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

You could also check the About Robohelp sample project to see what information that provides on setting up zendesk output (should be in your Documents\My Robohelp Projects folder, but if not, it will be in the robohelp installation directory - copy it to the documents folder as it won't run from the installation folder). 

Also see if there's anything on Peter's excellent site www.grainge.org.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Output tab and click the + icon. Select Knowledge Base and in that select ZenDesk as the target. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have spent many hours on this, so I've been several times. The issue is, once I define the Zendesk Publish Profile, it never becomes selectable in RoboHelp. The data is there, it's on the Profile list, but I cannot assign any output to that Profile. The error message in RoboHelp is immediate and says: "No publish profile is selected. Try again after selecting one." But there's no place to select it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you created a Knowledge Base preset?

image.png

When you click Done go to the Zendesk group. Are you not seeing your profile in the dropdown.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! The issue is that the RoboHelp documentation does not say to pick Knowledge Base as the Preset. Once I did, the Zendesk menu item in the stacked row showed up. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you looked at the topic for publishing. That is a step on from generating the output as covered here.

Generate a Knowledge Base output in RoboHelp (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Right at the start of the "Configure a Zendesk output preset" of the Publish to Zendesk Help Center it says:

You can use the following settings to configure the Content Only output preset:

But that doesn't work and cost me days, the correct answer, which you gave me, is: Knowledge Base.

That now populates the Zendesk area in RoboHelp, but not I fail with the message that I need to assign a "Visible to" and "Managed by" menu item, which are both empty. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get those to populate. I feel so close, but I'm on day 7 of trying to get this link made. Any help is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those values should be pulled in from Zendesk, so you should check in Zendesk for the configuration. The Robohelp help points to this topic for prerequisites for setting up zendesk: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408846795674

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've read this and other articles on Zendesk, have spoken to their tech support, and can't find an answer. This is a case of it dropping between the cracks. That said, it is in Robohelp's best interest to make sure they work with Zendesk, and right now they don't, or at least I can't figure it out. If you know a consultant who could help me, I'm happy to pay to get past this. Thanks, Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric, 

Once you have selected Zendesk profile from publish profile dropdown, you can try clicking the refresh button placed adjacent  to the 'Visible to' and 'Managed by' dropdowns. This will load the data from your Zendesk account. 

Please let us know if this works or else we can get on a call to resolve this. 

Thanks and Regards,

Pankhuri Saxena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

1. I have Admin access to Zendeks.
  2. I've enabled accessing Zendesk's APIs from the Admin Center: both as a token and by Username/Password 
  3. I created my Zendesk Publish profile with my Zendesk Username/Password - Seemed to get a positive response that there was a connection with username/password (not secure!)
  4. Generated  the output from my Zendesk Help Center Present (with Zendesk Publish profile selected)
  5. I was given an error that I hadn't selected Visible to or Managed by.
  6. It was not possible to select them in the Zendesk publish section: Nothing to select.
  7. I've tried refreshing, creating a brand new project, updating RoboHelp. Nothing seems to work to get the dropdowns to appear. 

Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultnmxh3egi2av0 Assuming you have looked at the links in this thread and read all that is there, unless someone else comes along with an answer, I think you will need to go to Adobe Support. Don't be put off by the original user's comment, they may not have used the email method. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp