• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 (Full) - Upgraded RoboHelp Project Fails to Generate - Indexing References

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have upgraded a number of RoboHelp 2017 Projects to RoboHelp 2019 Classic and then to RoboHelp 2019 Full. Only one project is giving me issues when generating.  It never gets past the Responsive HTML5 Indexing References state.  I click the i for more information but nothing opens. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks, stay safe and healthy.

Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

The problem proved to be the upgrade of the image maps. What is being investigated but removing them allowed the help to generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll look in the morning but pretty sure someone asked the exact same question. Not sure but I have a hunch the answer was as simple as creating a new preset.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if it was duplicated. I searched for multiple terms in the forum hoping to stumble across something. I just tried a new preset and that didn't work. I tried generating without an index and that didn't work. I have gone through the whole project upgrade process a second time and that didn't work.  Thanks for even looking--tomorrow or whenever!  It is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say it was for sure. Just that I thought it was. Thus worth searching for.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. I will keep looking, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try my suggestion of creating a new preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did create a new preset but that didn't help. I also attempted to generate without the index.  No luck. 
I just deleted the index entirely, and that didnt' work either. I may look to just rebuild project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Ideally both the Classic and New UI versions. Maybe upgrading again here is worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem proved to be the upgrade of the image maps. What is being investigated but removing them allowed the help to generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julie - Did any of your image maps link to a PDF file?

If so, that could have caused the problem and it will be fixed in an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter, 

Thanks for follow-up, I don't believe any of the image maps pointed to a PDF. They were all pointing to other topics within the same help project.

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is the best place to mention this, but it seems related to this thread.

I had a similar problem where I upgraded an even older project (from RoboHelp 10) through RoboHelp 2019 Classic, then to RoboHelp 2019. The intermediary 2019 Classic project seemed to build correctly. However, the 2019 upgraded project got stuck on the "Indexing References" stage.

I was able to track it down (fortunately!) to a single HTML file, which had href's to old-style Word 97-2003 .doc files. When I converted them to .docx files, everything worked fine.

--Bill Turner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's as good as anywhere and thank you for taking the time to post it. I will bring it to Adobe's attention to see what they can do to help anyone hitting this issue in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp