• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC content in single page

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks, I have a TOC on the left pane and the content area on the right pane. While clicking one of the topics, every time a new page is displayed on the content area. The previous content is no longer available on the current page. Every topic content is separate from one another. BUT, I want to have all the content (for all the topics) to be displayed on a single page, i.e right pane. If I click on a topic from the left pane, immediately the cursor should go to the respective content and display in the content area.

Look forward to your help. TIA

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you running? Classic or New UI (RH2019)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the revert, Jeff. I'm using New UI of RH2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about what the user sees? They open one topic and then click another link and you want that to open in addition, not as a replacement?

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think (if I've understood what you are trying to achieve) to get what you are looking for (TOC in left pane and all content in right pane) you'd have to structure your RH project in such a way as to have just 1 topic with all content in it. Within that 1 topic, you could have headings with bookmarks pointing to them that the TOC could use to "jump" to specific sections. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Not like that.

Then how?

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that example looks a bit like a hybrid of a number of topics - some of which have multiple headers in one topic, others that are discrete topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am seeing there is when you open the URL you see a TOC. Click anything in that TOC and a topic opens with another TOC. It's not so much the previous topic (content) is not available, it's the previous TOC of list on contents is not available.

I haven't seen any help authoring tool that does what the apache URL does. Maybe others have.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's partly how Jeff said. They have added bookmarks to the toc. So they have a long topic, add bookmarks to each heading. Then add an entry in the TOC that links to each bookmark.

You can see a similar behaviour in the RH11 help, although the rest of the TOC doesn't disappear like for the Apache link.

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/11.0/Help/RoboHTML/book/rob_workspace_ws/Working_with_pods.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Not like that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about an HTML output in a single page. Imagine a TOC on the left pane and its content is on the right pane. I want to have a scrolling option so that I can navigate to other topics in that project. And when I click on a topic from the left pane, it will straight away bring that particular topic up on the screen. For example please play with this link: https://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html Click Using Apache Ant from the TOC First. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff thanks for revert once again. Could you please try one more time? After you open the following link, click Using Apache Ant from the TOC First. Then you will see another TOC (my question basically starts from here). Now you can play around it and see all the content of this TOC are on a single page. This is what I'm looking for. link: https://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html ? I just want the content of all the topics (TOC) should be listed on one page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have merged the two threads.

To answer your "how" question, you create a single topic with headings for each place you will want to set in the TOC. You bookmark those headings using the Insert Bookmark icon on the toolbar. In the TOC you create links to the bookmarks.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp2019 New UI and stuck in the output format. It would be great if you could help. I would like to have output in HTML5 in such a way so that the content of every topic (from TOC) shows on a single page rather than multiple pages. I want to have the output that is quite similar to this link:  

Look forward to your help. TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. BTW, can you please tell me the steps to achieve that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked this question in this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/toc-content-in-single-page/m-p/10905990?page=2#M128609 and various suggestions were made.

The site you linked tp there worked in a different way to the one in this thread. The one in this thread is doing exactly was Jeff suggested. It's a single page of information with the TOC linking to bookmarks.

Please don't continue the same question in a separate thread as it splits the information.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp