Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI-generated illustrations as vector graphics

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I'm wondering if it is allowed to submit AI-generated illustrations as vector graphics, and if so, if that would be preferred over submitting them as JPEGs and generally more sellable. In that case, the AI-generated image would first need to be converted into a vector graphic. 

I tried the Adobe Stock search to check if there are such files on the site, however when clicking on "Generative AI Only", the option for vector graphics in the "subcategory" does not show up at all.

Would appreciate any guidance on this! Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding Raster Photos to a vector is specifically listed as a Don't in the Adobe User Guide Vector Requirements 

I'm not aware at this point if there are any A.I. programs that create vectors.

Cheers!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I'm not looking to add a raster photo to a vector, but to make a vector out of a png or jpeg photo created by the AI. There are softwares, including Illustrator, to convert a png/jpeg to vector, so the final result will be fully vectorized as a eps file, which all lines converted to paths. 

However, when uploading the vector to Adobe Stock there is no checkbox to mark it as generative AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to using auto-trace to convert the raster images?  That is also covered in the Vector Submission Requirements.  It's always been considered best practice to manually trace elements of raster images so there are an appropiate number of anchor points.

At this point, I'm not aware of any official policy on the submission of vectors created with elements of A.I. generated content.  I think there would be ethical concerns to the labeling of it though, so I would probably wait until Adobe decides on this.  I have seen a similar question asked before, but about A.I. generated vectors which I don't believe any of the programs create yet.  I do believe it is only a matter of time though.

Full disclosure, I'm a fellow contributor and not an Adobe Employee.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your response! That's really helpful to know!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would strongly recommend abstaining from such assets, until Adobe allows them in their database: this risks you getting blocked! Banned for vectorizing generative AI 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know! I wasn't aware that Adobe does not allow this practice, I couldn't find anything explicit about this in the submission guidelines on their website. Thanks for letting me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. There is effectively nothing about this in the rules. But the rules for generative AI exclude Vector graphics without saying this because (https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...šŸ˜ž

In addition to the same quality standards that apply to all asset types, there are specific requirements you must adhere to when submitting generative AI images. 

• Submit all images as file type "Illustration". Regardless of whether it looks like a photo or not. 
  • Click the "Created using generative AI tools" box in the indexing page of the contributor portal prior to submitting the file for review

and (https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/generative-ai-faq.html):

Abambo_0-1683119230302.png

1. Adobe accepts still images created using generative AI tools. Submit all generated images as illustrations according to our generative AI content guidelines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great info!  Thanks @Abambo .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Be sure to read also this: Banned for vectorizing generative AI 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines