Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make application for editorial content possible

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,
I know a lot of photographers with fantastic editorial portfolios who would love to offer their photos to you. But they don't have enough "normal" stock material to qualify for the editorial upload.

I understand that you don't want editorial material from people spamming you with the 100,000th McDonalds sign, and that's why you've built in a hurdle for editorial.

But give editorial photographers the opportunity to submit with a portfolio. There is an infinite amount of content on the hard drives of this world that would be really interesting for editors and bloggers. But it is not offered because the photographers do not have "normal stock material".

Thank you for your attention.

Sandra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will move this to the contributor forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind Adobe do not accept general editorial from any contributors. They accept a category "Illustrative Editorial" which is very specific in what it allows. I don't know how much existing photography meets the needs of that. (The Stock library includes some pure editorial; this seems to have been acquired in other ways).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I mean exactly this Illustrative Editorial. A large part of my Adobe Stock portfolio is already illustrative editorial. For example, many vehicles with recognizable logos.
There are many photographers who produce only this kind of photos and can't offer their photos because they don't have "normal" stock photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes yes yes,  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/faq.html:

Abambo_0-1642093726076.png

The Adobe Stock Editorial collection contains photos that feature worldwide events in news, sports, and entertainment. It also includes a stunning collection of archival imagery. Editorial content includes photos from renowned photojournalists and archival libraries: Reuters, Action Sports, the Everett Collection, and the Mary Evans Picture Library. 

Illustrative Editorial pictures can be submitted if you are a confirmed contributor with at least 100 sales.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/illustrative-editorial-content.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if I have expressed myself clearly.

I know what illustrative editorial content is. I already offer illustrative editorial content.

But I first had to submit and sell regular stock photos to be able to offer illustrative editorial content.

I know many photographers who want to offer illustrative editorial content but don't want to produce normal stock photos first.

My posting is a request to the Adobe team to make it possible to submit illustrative editorial content without having to submit and produce normal stock photos first. For example by submitting an application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MatHayward may have an explanation and further detail for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Abambo. And would you please be so kind as to unlock my second post? It's a completely different topic with a suggestion for a technical feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done! And I did also tag Mat, so if he checks in here, maybe he can also look at the other post of yours. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines