• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Model release from an AI generated person?

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generated some images with an AI, post-processed them, and then uploaded them to Adobe Stock. Now a model release is required from me. I have written in the model release that I can't get a signature for from a fictitious person and thus tried a release again. Unfortunately it was rejected again. I have to assume a strong disinclination to work on the part of the Adobe employee here.

From this I contacted support via chat and was directed to the "Surabhi". I strongly suspect that this is also the employee in question, because he was more than just unfriendly from the beginning! After he clearly "played dumb" and let me explain the situation several times, he disconnected the chat contact. I tried again, was again redirected to the same department via chat. And in this waiting area I am now for a few hours.

This is extremely interesting behavior. I would be very grateful for an explanation....

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023
quoteThis is extremely interesting behavior. I would be very grateful for an explanation....

By @Stefan29802864p3no

You contacted Adobe customer care. Customer care is for customers, and it is normal, that the agent is not aware of your problem because they are trained to serve customers. You are a contributor, so you need to contact contributor support.

But, indeed, there is no need to contact them, as all is well documented and the moderator was right to refuse as they played by the rules:

• Real

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteThis is extremely interesting behavior. I would be very grateful for an explanation....

By @Stefan29802864p3no

You contacted Adobe customer care. Customer care is for customers, and it is normal, that the agent is not aware of your problem because they are trained to serve customers. You are a contributor, so you need to contact contributor support.

But, indeed, there is no need to contact them, as all is well documented and the moderator was right to refuse as they played by the rules:

• Real person->model release.
  • Fake person->property release.

AI Rules

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was redirected to the right place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was redirected to the right place!

By @Stefan29802864p3no

Chat is customer support and not contributor support. You were at the right place, the same you posted at the “right” place, the forum for stock customers and not contributors.

Anyway, read the rules, and you know that the refusals are according the rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh, no! It's not that simple. It's about someone sitting there, who gets his salary through my subscriptions and through me as a content creator, and then behaves like that towards the customer. And as long as I receive such comments here, which rather try to present the behavior of this employee as right and good, I am particularly motivated to make the wave much bigger. A simple link to this information page would have been enough, but instead I almost have to be insulted? And then even better, just disconnect the chat because you don't have the bock to do that for which you are paid? Towards the people who make this payment possible?
No! No, certainly not like that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh, no! It's not that simple. It's about someone sitting there, who gets his salary through my subscriptions and through me as a content creator, and then behaves like that towards the customer.

By @Stefan29802864p3no

You are not a customer, you are a contributor. You may be both, but you contacted the wrong support. I do not know about the behaviour of the agent, I know, however, that you did not read and follow the instructions. That's why, in the first place, your asset got placed in the reminder tab and then after you did not correct the error, it got refused. And in your first paragraph, you impute to the adobe employee, the moderator, dislike of work.

You will not go far with arrogance. Please read and follow the instructions and your submissions may be accepted. Everything else is pointless sounding. Moderators were completely following their instructions when they refused your assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Stefan29802864p3no,

This is a user-to-user community.  You're not talking to Adobe Stock here.  We are fellow contributors & unpaid forum volunteers.

Contributors do not receive special treatment. Everyone who submits assets to Stock must follow the same rules regardless of who they are or whether they subscribe to Creative Cloud.

Carefully read your Stock Contributor User Guide.  Everything you need to know is contained in the links below.

==========
Generative AI:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/generative-ai-content.html
===========
Model/Property Releases:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/model-release.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

Good luck with your submissions. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, right or wrong place, now you know what releases to use. Be sure to follow all the other rules for AI too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A piece of advice: Don't be stubborn with Adobe employees. There are rules for everyone, whether they make sense to you or not. The system works this way."

When I download an image as a customer, I want to ensure that the image is protected by the model release contract. The image I will use may potentially be the advertising face of a million-dollar campaign. Additionally, how can I be certain that you are not attempting to include a visual of or use the name of this famous person in your prompt formula?

So adobe is absolutely right to ask us for a contract

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Forum. It appears that you're a first time visitor to this Community Forum. While you're here, spend some time perusing other recent posts, and you'll see that the AI model release / property release requirement is a frequent topic of discussion here. It's also quite important to carefully read ALL of the Adobe Help pages on becoming a successful Stock Contributor, in particular the pages relating specifically to Generative AI.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am totally sorry I am new here. Sorry, already feel deeply inferior and bow to the great postmasters here. I think I'd better say "Auf Nimmer Wiedersehen" here. This is really too monkey for me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by "this is really too monkey for me here". This forum, as well as many of the other forums, including Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, have been incredibly valuable to me whenever I have a product problem that isn't addressed in the Adobe Help pages. The fellow Adobe users who participate in the forums tend to be product experts and often have more knowledge and will take more time to help than the Adobe employees who staff the support phones and chat functions. This "crowd-sourced" means of customer support is efficient and useful. But if you'd rather take your chances with calling Adobe directly....

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by "this is really too monkey for me here".

By @Jill_C

I think, OP did take a German expression “einen Affen aus jemandem machen” (literally: to make a monkey of someone, meaning to make a fool of someone) and translated it. It's OK. Some people want to avoid getting help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines