• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

non-compliant images

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had 16 images rejected for being "non-compliant images".  Possible reasons include:

-Non compliant use of another artist’s name.

- Undeclared Generative AI Content.

- Content not compliant with overall guidelines 

None of those apply as far as I know. 

They are photos. They are my photos. I didn't use another artist's name. I used no AI-generated content. What overall guidelines do they not comply with? I'll attach images and you can tell me what I need to do differently

[moderator detached from unrelated discussion]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The moderator may have selected the wrong reason for rejection. The first and third images especially have issues with shadows that are too deep. Always check your Histogram.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 5.38.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That's a quality issue. That's the kind of rejection feedback that I can work with.

However, I doubt that moderator(s) selected the same wrong reason for rejection 16 times in a row.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not? May be that moderator issued a whole day those refusals. 

If I would implement something like Adobe stock moderation, moderators would push 1 to 6 for a refusal. So a moderator choosing 4 instead of 1 a whole day long...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was answering Danilelle's statement "The moderator may have selected the wrong reason for rejection." I simply meant that if the moderator made a mistake, it's doubtful they would make an identical mistake 16 more times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meaning, the moderator rejected all the images it for a correct reason, just not one that I understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text comming with the refusal is stock text. that does not mean that your asset is AI or anything else, they say. It only means that most of these refusals have one of those reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that. When there are quality issues, they list possible reasons, noise, focus, unclear subject, etc. Not all apply, but at least I know what to check in the submission and see if I can improve. If I see a rejection with something to the effect of "Too similar to other images in the collection," that's clear. I need to give more attention to what Adobe's content needs are. In the case of the "non-compliance" rejection, none of those apply. If it's not one of the listed reasons, then it would be helpful to list a reason that actually applies so we can know how to either fix the issue OR what we can do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I read the rules regarding AI content, the images didn't violate any of them. What did I do or not do? I need help to do better, but I'm getting no guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your images arn't generative AI, so those specific rules do not apply. No need to check them. Noncompliant assets are, when I look at my refusal history, assets, that are impossible to cure. They could have been rejected also under the quality issues.  

From the manual:

Files may also be considered noncompliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or titles, or questionable or defamatory content. Also, if you get a reminder to provide or resolve a problem with a release and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue, we’ll reject it as noncompliant. 

Bold is mine, I think that should be the reason for your rejection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you. I'll see what I can do to improve the quality of the images and resubmit.

My main concern is that as I generate more images, I suddenly have to deal with an algorithm flagging my images as AI and require actions on my end to avoid rejection. I'm happy to change what I'm doing, but I want to make sure I know what change I need to make and when.

Quick question. If I used AI tools like noise reduction or sharpening, does that make it necessary to declare the image as having AI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question. If I used AI tools like noise reduction or sharpening, does that make it necessary to declare the image as having AI?

------------

By @Thomas_Morris

No. Those types of edits would not be considered AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main concern is that as I generate more images, I suddenly have to deal with an algorithm flagging my images as AI and require actions on my end to avoid rejection. I'm happy to change what I'm doing, but I want to make sure I know what change I need to make and when.

By @Thomas_Morris

That won't happen. First, your images do not have the generative AI look, your images look more as being edited incorrectly. Second, humans do the vetting. Third, the refusal reason existed long before generative AI. All of my “non-compliant images” have this stock text, also those from 6 years ago. So look into anything else, except generative AI.

By @Thomas_Morris

Generative AI creates images or modifies images based on a textual description. All other tools are not generative AI, even if they claim to work with AI. That's a buzzword. My spam filter claims to use AI to detect spam. It does not create spam. So no generative AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. honestly might be as simple as not choosing the right subcategory. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If, by subcategory, you mean Landscapes, People, Food, etc.  I'm quite sure that has nothing to do with reviewing algorithms. We have been told by Adobe multiple times that those categories are a hold-over from the Fotolia days and are essentially meaningless now. Not sure why they don't just eliminate them altogether.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keywords and titles are a good place to check for a non-compliance rejection.  Making sure they are all in the same language and there aren't any copyrighted or trademarked terms in them.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! I'll recheck those to confirm. Question: If I use the word "shiitake" for a mushroom image, will that get flagged as a different language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's a standard word in English.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use "blue oyster" for a mushroom image, will that pop up as a trademark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so, but you should do your own research by googling "blue oyster trademark"

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Win Copilot 'Blue Oyster' is not a brand name!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use "blue oyster" for a mushroom image, will that pop up as a trademark?

By @Thomas_Morris

That would be an IP refusal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! I'll recheck those to confirm. Question: If I use the word "shiitake" for a mushroom image, will that get flagged as a different language?

By @Thomas_Morris

You can check such words in a dictionary or Wikipedia or by googling.

Even if you take clearly non-English words, that have found their way into the language, they should be recognized as English, like “ersatz”, which I would have never used, if I had not seen it a lot in English texts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines