• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo not accepted by Adobe Stock

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unclear to me why Adobe didnt accept my photo. I did apply post-processing like they said to improve the background but didn't realise it was "excessive" and am still unsure if this is true. Any tips on how I can fix this in Pixelmator Pro or is this unfixable unless I reshoot. The mandarin itself isn't edited, I just simply peeled of most of the skin.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the rejection message in full, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artifacts Problem:

Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, during our review we found that it features excessive post-processing and/or noise, so we can't accept it into our collection.

Excessive artifacts/noise can be caused by low light, bad camera settings, strong compression or excessive post-production.

If it was due to post production effects, know that our customers typically prefer to add their own special effects, filters or black-and-white conversions to fit the needs of their projects, so adding these effects in advance drastically reduces the market for your image.

To learn more about the type of content we're looking for, please visit this page: https://www.adobe.com/go/stock-contributor-help

You might also find the Academy Board Forum to be a helpful resource. You're welcome to post your image there for constructive feedback from a group of your peers. Here's the link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors/bd-p/Stock-Contributors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some aberation along the fruit. Take a look at the photo below. I alos think the background has some color noise and is a little spotted.  A solid color would work better. At this magnification, I dont believe it is entirely in focus.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying I should reduce the white outline and make the background grayscale? What do you mean by colour noise? Any ways I could fix it being out of focus? Is there any software that would artificially fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom can add some contrast on the boarders with the details slider. To clean up the background you need to brush over it with 0 clarity and 100% noise reduction. Better is to replace the background with a solid color layer in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, it's underexposed.  There's too little light on the subject which leads to noise, grain and other undesired artifacts.

Put yourself in the customer's shoes.  Would you buy this image over others that are already represented in Adobe Stock's database? Compare your work with other contributors' work.

Peeled orange

Orange slice

See links below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An example of artifacts:

sotck photo-artifacts.jpg

And it's not to do with the texture of the orange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Levi5CCA ,

There is a bit of concern about the soft edge as shown below. That cannot be corrected in post processing.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1620874647228.png

The red cast, however, can be corrected using the temperature and/or tint slider in camera raw.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines