• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe model / property releases on Shutterstock.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am relatively new to stock, started with Adobe this year and am now starting to see quite a few sales coming though. Encouraged by that I recently also started submitting to Shutterstock.

• I want to use my existing releases from Adobe on Shutterstock.
  • Shutterstock say they accept releases from Adobe but they need to be in jpg.
  • If I download an Adobe release it is in pdf format.
  • I have tried taking a screenshot of the Adobe pdf and saving as jpg. Shutterstock not happy with that, they say it's an invalid release.

I appreciate this is more of a Shutterstock question but am sure some of you guys must know the correct method.

Grateful for any help.

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum from Stock to Stock Contributors ]

[Moderator cured topics]

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

I can't speak to the requirements of other agencies so this is a general response. If you are using the Adobe Sign release generated in the contributor portal, then you will likely find challenges having it approved outside of Adobe Stock. If, you are using a hand signed release, then most are somewhat universal. Personally, I use an app called Easy Release for the job and it works quite well. 

Good luck,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All sites accept all model releases if the required information are on. If Shutterstock asks for a JPEG, provide a JPEG. The problem with your screenshot is probably that the quality is not great. You need to be able to read all the elements.

Adobe Photoshop can read PDF files and save them as JPEG, for example. Acrobat (not the free Acrobat Reader) can save a PDF as TIFF or JPEG. You can also look for tools to convert PDF files to JPEG on the internet. You can print your model release and photograph it. There are multiple possibilities.

And yes, you could also look into the Shutterstock fora for an answer, and you could ask Shutterstock contributor support.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for a prompt reply.

I suspect the Adobe Docusign is compromised if I simply screenshot it.

If I try to open it in Photoshop, it asks for a password which only Adobe have.

I originally tried Shutterstock contributor support but get the message "Something went wrong with Contact Us request processing" on different PCs / different browsers so thought I'd ask here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak to the requirements of other agencies so this is a general response. If you are using the Adobe Sign release generated in the contributor portal, then you will likely find challenges having it approved outside of Adobe Stock. If, you are using a hand signed release, then most are somewhat universal. Personally, I use an app called Easy Release for the job and it works quite well. 

Good luck,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Until now, I used paper releases because it was easiest.

And yes, JPEGs don't keep the digital signature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Mat, see my reply in the previous post.

The thing is that S/Stock say they accept Adobe releases but I can't seem to find out how.

Maybe they accept Adobe format paper releases but not Adobe Docusign, which I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they accept Adobe format paper releases but not Adobe Docusign, which I use.

By @Wormsmeat

That's precisely what Mat said!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more thing Mat if I may.

Had a look at Easy Release and am happy to try that but where do I upload an Easy Release certificate on the Adobe website? Is it Releases > Bulk upload scanned releases?

Oh, and do models have to sign releases at initial shoot or can a release be emailed to them for a digital signature some time afterwards? (I sometimes take shots and, only some months after, decide to submit them as stock).

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My scanner allows me to choose either pdf or jpg output file types. If you have a printed copy, scan it to jpg. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jill,

I'm referring to Adobe Docusign releases here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines