Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector file requirement

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm new here. 

I would appreciate if someone explain a little bit about the vector file requirement before I start uploading my vector files. I read the strokes have to be outlined. What about art (image) brush strokes, symbols, patterns, etc? Do they all have to be expanded? Am I allow to use the blending mode and opacity? Should I keep the gredient as is? When I flattened transparency some of my vector files, I saw some color shift (because of the lack of blending mode), and found some not very editable anymore. If I were a customer, I would expect the downloaded vector file to be editable. What are the rules here? 

Thanks!

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

You should keep your Illustrator file as editable as possible. I expand strokes only if that makes sense. I use Adobe fonts. I layer my assets correctly, so that the buyer has the least problems as possible. And I include the PDF preview, which would allow non Illustrator users to use the asset (with limited editing possibility, as a PDF is not an AI file). 

Use all features that your Illustrator program offers. I do not see any reason, to limit your asset in any way. 

If you are in doubt, s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should keep your Illustrator file as editable as possible. I expand strokes only if that makes sense. I use Adobe fonts. I layer my assets correctly, so that the buyer has the least problems as possible. And I include the PDF preview, which would allow non Illustrator users to use the asset (with limited editing possibility, as a PDF is not an AI file). 

Use all features that your Illustrator program offers. I do not see any reason, to limit your asset in any way. 

If you are in doubt, submit one file after the other got approval, so that you are sure about your work. After several files, you may submit small batches of 5 to 10 assets in a row. 

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

If you are a generative AI contributor, please look into these instructions and fallow them by the letter: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for all the info! They're very helpful. 

Could you explain a bit more about PDF preview? Did it mean a separate PDF file? Also in which version of Illustrator would you recommend me to save? Latest CC or CS? AI or/and EPS? 

I remeber before sending my files to the printers I flatten the artwork, but here we should make the Illustrator files as editable as possible. That means use of blending mode and opacity is allowed as well? So sorry this contributor thing is completely new to me.  

Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving an Illustrator file allows you to include a PDF preview. That's a feature of Illustrator and does not save a separate file. You can ask questions about the save options of Illustrator in the Illustrator forum. Save always the latest file version.

When you upload to stock, you do not print. I btw, never flaten my files for print. But I print the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry, one more question. When I exported the ai file as jpg (preview file), it created a huge 11945 px X 14807 px 12.26 MB file. Is it too big? I chose the maximum option. Should I make it smaller in Photoshop before uploading?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it. I don't think it's to big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I tried to upload the original jpeg file, and it didn't work. They said it was too large. I resized it to make it smaller, and they (ai and jpg) were accepted. I filled out the tax form. However, I still don't see my uploaded file under Uploaded Files section in my account. Should I upload the zip file again? Everything is new to me, and I'm confused. I'm so sorry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the ai and jpg preview files again. I got "your files were successfully submitted". Hope they will be accepted. Thank you so much for all your help!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also uploaded my vector file .ai to adobe stock contributor but unfortunately it is still in review almost 3 weeks ago. Did your files uploaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i also uploaded my vector file .ai to adobe stock contributor but unfortunately it is still in review almost 3 weeks ago. Did your files uploaded?

By @FAiry 7

Read the rest of the thread. You will find theanswer to your question here. Three weeks review time may be normal these days. Is that your first upload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resized it to make it smaller, and they (ai and jpg) were accepted.

By @pinkpeachberry

If the asset is not to be seen in the Dashboard, it needs to be somewhere from a-d.

Abambo_1-1678490455238.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I find my images under "in review" section. I uploaded the same image twice by accident. I hope Adobe would not take it as spamming. Should I delete one or let Adobe handle the dupricate? I'm sorry for many questions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should delete it just to be safe.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I just did! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you should delete assets, when you detect errors. This will spare you a refusal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the duplicate file as soon as I read your reply. Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the Stock Contributor Guide? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, yes! Maybe I think too much. Thank you for the link! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines