• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Invoicing Sucks....

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I avoid using Adobe Stock if I can. Why? Because when I come to administer my accounts, it is impossible to connect an invoice to the stock footage it has been issued for.

Here is an example.

On 15th January I purchased some stock footage. It has a 14 character order Number, ADB050 . . . . . . UK etc . The Invoice has a product number, 65272923. But the file number in Adobe Stock is 113675568. I bought this along with a load of other stock footage from a variety of sources as part of a very large project involving the production of 8 separate videos. Today, I have been doing my admin and preparing my invoices for the end client. All of the other stock footage has invoices that include the reference number or file number that can matched to the file name of the purchased footage. But with Adobe Stock, there is no way that I can see of matching the product number/description on the invoice (65272923) to the file number (113675568). If I had been buying footage for more than one project simultaneously, which is often the case, it would have been a nightmare to work out which invoice is connected with which bit of purchased footage. What is so hard about referencing the actual file number in the in the invoice description?

Now you might ask why I didn't just make a note of what I was doing at the time? I tried! Trouble is, again, unlike all the other sources of footage that I use, Adobe doesn't make the invoice immediately available to view or download. It's a couple of hours or even the next working day. And of course, I am usually struggling to meet a tight deadline and don't have time to wait around for Adobe to make the invoice available. Hence a week, or a month later, I am desperately trying to remember what the invoice that is eventually emailed to me is actually for. I'm just a one man band but god knows how much of a pain this must be matching invoices in a company that has a separate finance department.

So come on Adobe. I like using Adobe Stock in my workflow but if I have to spend ages matching invoices with footage it is completely useless to me. Get your act together!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Hi Michael,

Once you login to your account on stock.adobe.com, on the top right of the page where you see your name under that drop down you'll find the License History option.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I understand your query here but the invoice has the product number and the order number on it however, you can find the file ID in your License history and can keep it as a proof of purchase.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - where do i find my licence history???

If I click on 'Manage account' from my Adobe CC app it takes my account overview page where i can view invoices for my CC subscription but I can only MANAGE my Adobe stock plan, which I do not wish to subscribe to. THERE ARE NO LINKS HERE TO MY ADOBE STOCK INVOICES. And while I have discovered that I can see my Stock purchases by clicking the 'Plans' tab. This isn't obvious because I DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO AN ADOBE STOCK PLAN!

So let's take a different route. If I click on the order number in the email purchase confirmation (NOTE: NOT THE EMAIL WITH THE INVOICE ATTACHED), it takes me to a page where I can see all of my Stock orders. But all I can do from there is view or download the my PDF invoices for each purchase. THERE ARE NO LINKS HERE TO MY LICENCE HISTORY. IN FACT, I CANT SEE ANY LINK ANYWHERE TO MY LICENCE HISTORY. NONE OF THE TABS ON MY ACCOUNT PAGE APPEAR TO OFFER ANY ROUTE TO MY LICENCE HISTORY. SO WHERE IS MY LICENCE HISTORY???? I DON'T THINK I HAVE EVER SEE A PAGE THAT SHOWS ME MY LICENCE HISTORY?

So no. Your response does not help in any way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Once you login to your account on stock.adobe.com, on the top right of the page where you see your name under that drop down you'll find the License History option.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely not solved. 
The asset ID and the order numbers do not match. Plus, when you recieve your receipt via email there is NO indicator as to what you purchased. No asset ID or thumbnail referance. 
How is my client supposed to match the invoice with the asset purchased?? 

As the headline indicates - Adobe Stock invoicing does indeed SUCK! 
Under license history, there should be an additional link to download invoice. Is that so hard? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @barnsey24,

Where are you seeing order numbers associated with asset numbers? At this time invoicing doesn't have this nor license history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats my point. 
I cant get an invoice with an asset ID on it. Yeah i have a receipt...but for what? 
My client wants an invoice associated with the purchased asset. 
Currently the invoices ONLY have an order ID, which is useless becuase the link takes me to a blank page. 
The invoice has no indicator of what asset was purchased. How am i supposed to organize the finances if i cant even see what was purchased?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue. 

I've bought three items from Adobe Stock this month but only two show up on my account - and the reference numbers don't match. Come on Adobe!

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started