• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Illustrations

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am helping my son's school with a book they are doing about school safety. They have the text and basic layout for each page (hand drawn). They like the look of some of the Adobe Stock Illustrations. I believe we would need the Extended license since the books would be available to purchase after completition, is that correct? Is the subject of school safety allowed to use the images?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Hi Jala,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

As per the requirement you have stated above, you are allowed to use the Adobe Stock illustrations under the Extended license.

Please refer to the licensing terms and restrictions Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock? of Adobe Stock for more information.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge, using the images for such project is ok. Regarding the best plan to use I will allow MatHayward who is more experienced to speak on that matter.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jala,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

As per the requirement you have stated above, you are allowed to use the Adobe Stock illustrations under the Extended license.

Please refer to the licensing terms and restrictions Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock? of Adobe Stock for more information.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rarely disagree with twaritar3263062 , but in this case I suppose a standard license will be enough even if the book is for sale. An extended license is needed if you print the image on a T-shirt or a mug and the reason to buy the equipment is the picture. In the case of the book, it will be the content, which will be composed of text (created by the students) and pictures (acquired as stock images).

So if the reason to acquire the book (or the main value of the book) will not be the illustrations, a standard license is enough if the print run is less then 500,000.

7D62C25F-708A-4971-8566-3184953400FE.jpeg

I suppose the keyword is „prominently“, which means for me “the basic reason for buying the product is the picture!“. In your described case it is not true. The basic reason to buy the book is the content which is on security.

However in both cases (extended or standard) you are allowed to use the pictures as this is exactly the use stock images should have.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started