Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting AI to JPG

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I often download stock images that I like only to find that they are AI files. Even though I have AI I have no idea how to use it, When I try and save an AI file within AI to a JPG file it is always so small or does not look like I need it to. Can someone point me in the right direction to learn what I need to or give me a simple step by step process to save an AI image as a hi-res JPG?

A good example would be how to extract BAM from this 85268363 and make a large JPG.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

I have checked the file at my end and noticed that it is a vector file and vectors are best used in Illustrator.

When you convert the AI file to a JPG file, it rasterizes and that is the reason you will notice a pixelated image in Photoshop when zoomed in at 200%.

Moving forward if you only require JPEG files, please filter out your search on Adobe Stock and select only JPG as shown in the screenshot below:

Feel free to update this threa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

I have checked the file at my end and noticed that it is a vector file and vectors are best used in Illustrator.

When you convert the AI file to a JPG file, it rasterizes and that is the reason you will notice a pixelated image in Photoshop when zoomed in at 200%.

Moving forward if you only require JPEG files, please filter out your search on Adobe Stock and select only JPG as shown in the screenshot below:

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice to have the option to automatically convert AI files to JPG or SVG. Shouldn't be that difficult since there are plenty of free AI converters online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been a feature on the site since last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started