Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

generative AI filter now available for Adobe Stock search

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to share that a filter has been added in Adobe Stock search for generative AI images. You can now filter out generative AI images from your search results, or you can view only generative AI images in your search results, or you can continue to view all generative AI and non-generative AI images in your search. Whatever you prefer, the option is yours to choose!

You will find the generative AI filter in the general filter panel found at the left of the search results.

Stay creative!

Mat Hayward 

TOPICS
Search

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news! This will dramatically reduce the number of complaints from Buyers who do NOT want to have to sift through AI assets to find what they're looking for. Unfortunately, with so many improperly titled and keyworded AI assets already in the database, Generative AI assets continue to turn up in search results even when the Filter is selected.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More good news, Jill! We have done a deep analysis on photos and illustrations not tagged by contributors as generative AI and have included those detected as AI in the filter. It should be much better for those wishing to eliminated generative AI content from their search results. We are constantly working to improve the Adobe Stock experience for everyone!

Thanks,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to hear! Buyers will really appreciate it.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to hear! Buyers will really appreciate it.

By @Jill_C

That's the reason, why Conributor1 does not need to report unmarked assets.

@MatHayward,

Is that work in progress or is there a possibility to report assets that are obviously AI, but who are not (yet) marked as such?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I figured that out, but I think some assets are still not getting caught by the new filtering system. And the fact that AI assets are not clearly labeled as such in the title will continue to annoy Buyers.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to report that casually I find a user (linked below) that has uploaded Images on AdobeStock generated with Artificial Intelligence without specifying it in the title and in the keywords. And is not possible to report this via the platform (why?).

I totally disagree the commercialization of this c***!

https://stock.adobe.com/it/contributor/211097879/hera-kim

Barbara Gambini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They changed the rules surrounding ai-generated content. It is now no longer a requirement, but a recommendation to properly tag ai-generative content.

Users have no incentive to label their ai content as such any more, and we can expect even more users to exclude those tags now. As an example, I just did a search for "mental health -ai", and used the filter option "Exclude Generative AI" and I'm still getting a bunch low-quality generative-ai assets in my results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe that the "rules" have been changed. The requirements are laid out on this page, which has not been updated since January:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/generative-ai-content.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They must have edited or removed a comment on a thread of mine then - because I definitely received this reply in a previous thread on April 20th about the issue but I can't find the comment in the thread. It must have been removed or edited since then.

Perhaps this was later walked back, but this has been my understanding of the rules for the past week or so.

FuLpzPOWcAgLpl7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that changing this to a "suggestion" rather than rule will annoy Buyers who don't want to have to "guess" whether an asset is Generative AI.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really get how Stock image and user can sell IA generative visual. A recent American law ( https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/03/16/2023-05321/copyright-registration-guidance-work...

said that only "Author generated visual" can be protected by law. I guess the final user can buy this visuel as "inspiration" but can't never editing it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document you refer to indicates that work that made "without any creative contribution from a human actor" cannot be registered for copyright. It does not state that such work cannot be edited.  

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right ! But it means that an IA image maker can not prove he's the author the visuel ( because he is not) and so you can not prove to yours clients that you can edit the visual (because you have no copyright).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to read the Midjourney terms, or the terms of whatever product you're using the generate AI works. 
https://docs.midjourney.com/docs/terms-of-service#:~:text=Please%20note%3A%20Midjourney%20is%20an,a%....

My understanding is that you don't need to hold the copyright of an image in order to modify it; you need to have been granted a license to do so, which is what Adobe does.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer Jill. And you're right again ! . Mid journey sell copyright. It's still confusing (at least for me) because i don't get how you can granted a licence of an image without copyright of it. Probably it's legal particularity... I will study the question more deeply. Thanks u !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, many contributors, buyers and even the legal community are struggling with the issues that AI has created. I'm sure the situation will continue to evolve.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is definitely true, I am not prolonging my subscription anymore, I have very very difficult times finding assets since generative AI has been introduced. This very thing has annoyed me that much... Good job Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assets need to be marked as generative AI, and not doing so gets the contributor blocked. Adobe has, however, introduced that flag that needs to be used so the keywords and title markings are no more necessary. Moderators also get better at detecting wrong assets. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HelloMat,

Have a question about copyright and IA image :

IA generated image is not protected by copyright because only "human creative contribution" are (recent american law). And i absolutly not take a risk to print for a client a visuel without copyright. Big Deal i think. As far as i know, Adobe stock just "transfert" the copyright from a seller to a buyer, without any responsability. So have a filter is a good starting point. Have you've got any more information about copyright and IA image ?   Cheers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WoW... That's a piece of great news, it makes it easy to search AI images by using a filter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filter is helpful but it's easy to distinguish images in Adobe Stock that have slipped through the filtering, and there are still many that do. I hope it improves for the sake of the subscribers. The images I see that are AI generated have noticeable defects and are generally not up to high quality standards, IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a way to PERMANENTLY disable AI-generated imagery showing up in searches if we choose. Otherwise I have to click the filter "exclude AI-generated images" every single time I do a search. It defaults back to unfiltered every single time. AI-generated imagery on your site is terrible quality, and I am against it because it is decimating creative industries. I hope more people speak up about this, otherwise you will loose custoimers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys there is so much AI rubbish, its not worth the effort trawling through it. That is not why I use a stock service.If I wanted AI generated images, I could generate them myself. Even with the filter some searches I am finding as much as half of the images AI trash. Even if they were good, people are against their use. Some of these images are named the generation prompt! For this reason I decided not to go ahead and subscribe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the comments thus far, I don't find it premature to suggest that AI generative content not be included in the Adobe Stock library. Reasons are 1) It doesn't seem the legal matters in licensing/copywriting/selling have been thoroughly vetted 2) AI gen. content is not well labeled, if at all. 3) Filters don't completely filter out the content 4) The image quality is sub-par, inaccurate.
Maybe if Adobe insists it's perfectly fine selling AI gen. content, it should be separate from the Adobe Stock subscription service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started