• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I unlicense something that I purchased accidentally?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just now figuring out this adobe stock and there are buttons all over to license stuff, and I can't see any prices anywhere.  I apparently have x photos that I can license as part of my subscription, but as I was traversing the site trying to see what stuff costs I ended up accidentally licensing a photo twice.  It really needs more feedback on what I am about to do.  So, how do I un-license the extra copy of a photo?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Hi there

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the duplicate image ordered in error.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hi K.,

Apologies, I only now saw your post. I don't see a record of you contacting customer care under the Adobe ID you are using here on the forums. I'm sorry you had a poor experience if you decide to renew your Adobe Stock subscription by the 19th, thirty days from when you closed your most recent subscription, I can assist you with receiving a replacent for the accidental licenses.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 712 Replies 712
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

I accidentally licensed a picture that I didn't want  FILE #: 71626667. I've been reading thru this thread and I was wondering if there is a change down the line to fix this issue of accidental licensing because it just seems too easy to do and to difficult to undo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathie,

I've granted you a license credit for the image. You'll see the credit the next time you sign into Adobe Stock.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally licensed an image somehow while scrolling on a tablet. How do I reverse it? The incorrect image is #40349619.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeholden

We're not able to reverse this but I've added a license credit to your account to replace the image licensed by mistake.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverley,

I've run into this myself. I licensed the following 5 files in error. Can you please assist? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erwin

It doesn't appear that image 97246773 has been licensed to your account but I have added credits for the others.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverley,

I've accidentally licensed four photos in error while what I meant to do was to download the preview. Could you help me out? Here is the image number:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverley,

I just contacted the customer service and got this issue resolved. Thank you for your attention.

May I offer a suggestion?

I think Adobe should change the icon colors for "licensing" and "download preview" to differentiate them. It is so easy to accidentally license a photo when all I want to do is to download a preview. Couple times, I didn't even know that I licensed a photos until I see the photo credit dropped. I really like Adobe stock and especially the preview function, but got so scared of using it lately because I afraid that I would make the same mistake again, and wont have any credit left when I actually needs to license a photo. Because of this, I was actually thinking of switching to other stock photo libraries. Really hope this can improve!

Thank you,

Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ali

Thank you for your feedback.  We'll pass it along to the product team.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I also accidentally purchased an image while scrolling through page options.  Could you please advise me on how to undo this? It is image 125197234 by redfox331.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a touch screen and was trying to scroll through the page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alicia

I've replied to your private message.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I seem to have added a couple of items that I did not intent on licensing could you assist me in returning. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sharron

Vector doodle icons 3d printing FILE #: 112663245

iPhone word cloud FILE #: 86840544

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharron

There isn't an option to return an image once it's been licensed.  As a gesture of goodwill I've added 2 credits to your account so you can select other images.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016, 3:19 AM Beverley Gray <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev!

I just accidentally licensed an image as well - 99797343

Would you be able to help?

Thank you!
-Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly

I've added a credit to your account.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I messaged you earlier but went out of this forum, because I don't know how else to contact you on here. Anyhow I made at least 2 mistaken purchases when I wanted something very similar. I deleted one thinking it will give back a license but it did not. How do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carminia,

Please provide the asset number for the images you mistakenly licensed.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Here they are:

<https://stock.adobe.com/stock-photo/young-blond-businesswoman-and-her-husband-with-child-in-backgrou/126723894>

If possible, can I also unlicense something that I downloaded when I first

started experimenting, which I am never going to use?

#58828910 and <https://stock.adobe.com/stock-photo/super-logo/58828910>

<https://stock.adobe.com/stock-photo/superhero-mom-concept/58704596>

Please advise. Thank you so much.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 2:52 PM, EvilBugQueen1 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Sent thru email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carminia,

There isn't an ability to unlicense and image. We can only grant credits as a goodwill gesture. I've done this and you'll see the credits the next time you log into Adobe Stock.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been working on a web site for a client, and although we used dozens of images, there were 8 images they didn't like - and we are not using. I would be grateful if you could credit these, and I will delete the ones I downloaded immediately.

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jnotovitz

Unfortunately it's not possible to return images that weren't used.  As a gesture of goodwill I have added some credits to your account.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bev, it won't happen again.

J.

<personal information removed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started