• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I unlicense something that I purchased accidentally?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just now figuring out this adobe stock and there are buttons all over to license stuff, and I can't see any prices anywhere.  I apparently have x photos that I can license as part of my subscription, but as I was traversing the site trying to see what stuff costs I ended up accidentally licensing a photo twice.  It really needs more feedback on what I am about to do.  So, how do I un-license the extra copy of a photo?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Hi there

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the duplicate image ordered in error.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hi K.,

Apologies, I only now saw your post. I don't see a record of you contacting customer care under the Adobe ID you are using here on the forums. I'm sorry you had a poor experience if you decide to renew your Adobe Stock subscription by the 19th, thirty days from when you closed your most recent subscription, I can assist you with receiving a replacent for the accidental licenses.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 712 Replies 712
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having a licensing issue. Accidentally clicked on the following photo:

Not sure what to do, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Tanner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanner,

I've granted you a credit for that image. You'll see the credit the next time you sign into Adobe Stock.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOCKING THE DISCUSSION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me, i accidentally clicked license and wasted a credit on a photo i just wanted to preview (#127821475) is there a way to undue this action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

What is the ID # of the image, please?

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

I've granted you a credit for the image. You'll see the credit in the Adobe Stock site navbar the next time you sign into Adobe Stock.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also licensed two images mistakenly, I thought I was saving the preview to my library...but must have pushed the wrong button. The image numbers are 19745474 and 110610285.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BB,

I've granted you two credits for the images that you accidentally licensed. You'll see these credits the next time you sign into the Adobe Stock website.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Seems Adobe needs to fix this issue. I made the absolute misfortunate mistake of licensing a $249 photo when I thought I was only paying $.99! I was mortified. We're a nonprofit charity and we don't have that kind of money to spend on a photo (for $249, one can get 750 pictures at Shutterstock!). Because I had downloaded the picture to my computer, Adobe wouldn't refund the money and remove the license — the way it seems to be doing so here for others. Instead, they gave me 4 credits (four 99 cent pictures). I'm really unhappy about it, so much that, when my membership is up, I'm going to purchase pictures elsewhere. $249 for one picture was quite financially a wipe out for us. And that Adobe seems to have no trouble telling me to simply delete a picture after it's been accidentally downloaded/licensed, I don't know why they couldn't do likewise for me. Adobe really needs to make it a little more difficult to make accidental licensing, especially if the picture is more than 99 cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I have also licensed two images mistakenly, I thought i was saving the preview to my library, to review later, as I did with other artworks originally. What should I do? It should be clear I have not downloaded or used the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Talia,

Please provide the ID#s of the items you accidentally licensed.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EBQ, The images are the following-

and

109327784. My apologies, I will be more careful now that I understand the process. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Talia,

I've granted you credits for the two images. You'll see then the next time you sign into Adobe Stock.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also accidentally licensed two images - please give me credit for these: FILE #: 132549378; FILE #: 132580617https://stock.adobe.com/stock-photo/beautiful-shanghai-skyline-at-night-modern-urban-background/1325...

I downloaded one because I didn't know I could undo, I'll relicense if I end up using it, we're not using unlicensed pictures.

It should not be possible to accidentally license without confirmation!!!

Thank you,

Nadine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FEK,

We are working on a solution for the accidental licensing issue, but I have no ETA yet. I have granted you two credits for the two images you mentioned. You'll see these credits the next time you sign into Adobe Stock. When you licensed these images did you purchase from the image thumbnail, where the little cart icon appears when you mouseover the image?

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what I accidentally clicked on. I only see thumbnails even when I click on the image. Thank you for the refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just accidentally licensed  #5019488 in my account.  May I have that removed from my library?  Thank you!

Ted Burnham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ted,

You can delete it from your library, but the image will remain in your license history. I have granted you a credit for this image. You will see the credit the next time you sign into Adobe Stock.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally purchased FILE #: 122977706 . How do I unlicense this and get my download back for the correct image? It is way too easy to accidentally make a purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NB,

I've granted you a credit for the image. You'll see the credit the next time you sign into Adobe Stock.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like what seems like thousands of others, I have accidentally licensed two images that I only wanted to save to my lightbox. I need to be able to unlicense these two images and get my monthlly credit back...how can I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the file ID numbers for the assets you accidentally licensed.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. I have ALSO made the same mistake everyone else is making (WHO DESIGNED THIS INTERFACE!? GOOD GAWD!).

This is my first time using Adobe Stock and while I thought I was adding items to my lightbox I was buying licenses.

So...7 images. I'm speaking to Alok on Adobe chat and he says there is nothing he can do, refused to help in any way (despite linking him to this thread), so I'm reaching out here to see if I can get any luck.

I haven't downloaded a single one, is there anything can be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KrissyUCR

I have added some credits to your account as a gesture of goodwill.

Please use the Preview option to save images to a library - see Using Adobe Stock

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started