• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I unlicense something that I purchased accidentally?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just now figuring out this adobe stock and there are buttons all over to license stuff, and I can't see any prices anywhere.  I apparently have x photos that I can license as part of my subscription, but as I was traversing the site trying to see what stuff costs I ended up accidentally licensing a photo twice.  It really needs more feedback on what I am about to do.  So, how do I un-license the extra copy of a photo?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Hi there

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the duplicate image ordered in error.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hi K.,

Apologies, I only now saw your post. I don't see a record of you contacting customer care under the Adobe ID you are using here on the forums. I'm sorry you had a poor experience if you decide to renew your Adobe Stock subscription by the 19th, thirty days from when you closed your most recent subscription, I can assist you with receiving a replacent for the accidental licenses.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 712 Replies 712
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also accidentally clicked on an image to license it, would it be possible for me to get a credit to replace that image? The image is FILE #: 80886798

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CC,

I see that you were granted a credit for this image on 12/22.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe/Bev

I accidentally licenced an image that I didn't intend to (84516337). How do I remove this from my account and get my credit back?

Many thanks

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashley

There isn't an option to remove an image once it's been licensed.  I've added a credit to your account to replace the one licensed by mistake.

Adobe Stock Help | Adobe Stock Learn & Support

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mistakenly licensed this image: 88285478 to my account. Please credit me.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AbductedMind

I've added a credit to your account as a gesture of goodwill.

Please check out our Stock support site for useful information - Adobe Support

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I also have accidentally licensed 2 photos. #77062107 and #100815842.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathalie-wp

I've added 2 credits to your account to replace the ones licensed by mistake.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similarly accidentally licensed two images #70757359 and #42072612. I had assumed that I could always delete them if I didn't need them. I have deleted them from my library. Would it be possible to add 2 credits to my account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to add 2 credits for the images #70757359 and #42072612 which I accidentally licensed and have been removed from my library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi theboymacey

Once an image has been licensed it's not possible to reverse this.  I have added 2 credits to your account for the images licensed accidentally.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much: I can see the credits on my account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverly. I've done the same with #76545466. I agree that it's toot easy to accidentally license. I meant to just save the preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carolinek39235985

I've added a credit to your account.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I’ll delete it ☺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just licensed #93365532 by mistake.  Please can you undo or add a credit to my account.

Looking at this thread it looks like it's a common mistake, and very easy to do.  Is there likely to be a fixed for this anytime soon?

Thanks

Esther

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Esther

A credit has been added to your account.

There are options to 'License' or 'Save Preview' so would be interested to hear what steps you took that caused the image to be licensed by mistake.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverly,

I'm sorry to trouble you again. I tried to click save preview to save it to my library, but I accidentally clicked the "save and license" icon for FILE #: 35706438.

Can you please issue a credit to my account.

BTW, I would suggest that you guys make a change where the customer has to click "OK" after clicking to license an image, since so many of us click that icon by mistake and wind up with licensed images when we only mean to save them as ideas to our libraries.

Thank you so much for your help

Best wishes,

Ava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. Or a question coudl pop up, for example, "Did you mean to license this image?" and the customer would have to click "yes". Just a suggestion.

Best wishes,

Ava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, accidentally licensed image number 84216106...please help as I need that license credit. I did NOT download the image; clicked the wrong button when meaning to save the preview. I apologize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

I've granted you a credit for the image you accidentally licensed. You'll see the credit in your counter the next time you sign into Adobe Stock.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EBQ,

Can you please unlicense FILE #: 35706438. ​ .

I licensed this image by mistake.

Also, I suggest that Adobe Stock Images add a second step on licensing, where the customer has to click "OK" after clicking to license an image, since sometimes I try to enlarge an image and it licenses it by mistake or I'm trying to save the image to my library as a potential image, but it gets licensed when I don't want to use it. 

Thank you so much for your help.

Best wishes,

Ava Wrightsman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I too have licensed an image I did not need, 115204891.

From a UI point of view, it was far too easy to mis-click and license the wrong image. I would recommend having a two-factor "are you sure?" type response before licensing, particularly when clicked from the image hover overlay in grid view.

Could I be credited for this image please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A G,

You've been credited for the accidental license. Next time you sign in you'll see the credit in your counter at the top of the Adobe Stock website.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Very Much!

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started