• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I unlicense something that I purchased accidentally?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just now figuring out this adobe stock and there are buttons all over to license stuff, and I can't see any prices anywhere.  I apparently have x photos that I can license as part of my subscription, but as I was traversing the site trying to see what stuff costs I ended up accidentally licensing a photo twice.  It really needs more feedback on what I am about to do.  So, how do I un-license the extra copy of a photo?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Hi there

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the duplicate image ordered in error.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hi K.,

Apologies, I only now saw your post. I don't see a record of you contacting customer care under the Adobe ID you are using here on the forums. I'm sorry you had a poor experience if you decide to renew your Adobe Stock subscription by the 19th, thirty days from when you closed your most recent subscription, I can assist you with receiving a replacent for the accidental licenses.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 712 Replies 712
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Kindly mention the file IDs that you've licensed accidentally so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverly,

I accidentally licensed image #81435408

Can I please get the credit returned?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Since you have accidentally licensed 1 Adobe Stock image, I have added 1 free license to your account so that you can use that against this purchase.

Hope that helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first day on here and whilst pooling photos for possible use now realise that I was licensing them rather than lightbox-ing them , so am stuck with several images I don't really need and am one credit short of the image I do! 😞

Gavin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS It's images 35728668, 82839548 and 20539154 which I didn't need.

Thanks

Gavin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gavin

I've added 3 license credits to your account as an exception.

Please delete the incorrect images from your computer.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bev. Appreciate it!

Gavin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev, is there any chance that you could remove image #6580457 from my account please? I used Adobe Stock for the first time today, and I too fell foul of a 'button pressing incident' that resulted in me licencing the wrong picture. I haven't downloaded it.

Thank you

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

I've added an image credit to replace the one licensed in error.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bev, most appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - I'm using a Mac with a trackpad and I guess my finger brushed on the licence option, which is very easy to do.

In my case, I thought there was no going back and opened the file (a collection of corner ornaments which are of no use to me). Then I read here about how people had had their licences reversed, so I contacted support via Chat. I was told that because I'd downloaded it, I couldn't get a credit.

This is a bad system, Adobe! The licence button is effectively a payment, and should include some kind of confirmation. When I explore the Stock images, I feel like I'm treading around a minefield, where one wrong click will use one of my precious 10 monthly images.

ALSO - why not allow users to unlicence their own images? (Or a certain number of images.) The prominent watermarks on sample images often make it hard to assess the look, and I would be more willing to try out an image if I had the chance of undoing it if it didn't work. The licence is supposed to be for use, not merely for the privilege of downloading or looking at an image.

Duncan McKenzie

Oakville, Ontario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to post 48

Hi DSMKZ

Thank you for your feedback.  I will pass this to the product team.

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the one downloaded in error.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embarrassing as it is, I also licensed an image accidentally.  I clicked the License & Save button mistaking it for the Save Preview button.  Maybe there should be a "confirmation" message before actually licensing?  I know those popups can be a drag when trying to speed through your workflow, but could be a necessary evil in this case.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to post 49

Hi randy.mills

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the one downloaded by mistake.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Beverly!  It is appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also accidentally licensed an image. American football player in action at game time - image | Adobe Stock #71832420

From a UX standpoint this is pretty bad. I agree with someone's suggestion above that a confirmation message appear to avoid doing this or some other mechanism like only allowing licensing on the detail page or allow undoing within a certain period of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one as well too please. 55842188 thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mrnoble

I've added 2 license credits to your account to replace the ones licensed in error.  Please delete the incorrect images.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Beverly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also accidentally licensed a photo. How do I unlicense? I have no need for the image, and have other wintry photos I need for my current project. What information do you need? I've already deleted the photo from my library/desktop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ben.r.mackay

I've added a license credit to replace the one licensed accidentally.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#90408288 downloaded accidentally while browsing. how is this even possible?? is there a way to undo this purchase please and remove the buy license buttons on images on the search page? thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ginpix

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the image downloaded in error.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just accidentally licensed a vector file that I didn't want. Here's the file # 55452256 Can I receive a credit for this?

Jamaule

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started