• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I unlicense something that I purchased accidentally?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just now figuring out this adobe stock and there are buttons all over to license stuff, and I can't see any prices anywhere.  I apparently have x photos that I can license as part of my subscription, but as I was traversing the site trying to see what stuff costs I ended up accidentally licensing a photo twice.  It really needs more feedback on what I am about to do.  So, how do I un-license the extra copy of a photo?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Hi there

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the duplicate image ordered in error.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hi K.,

Apologies, I only now saw your post. I don't see a record of you contacting customer care under the Adobe ID you are using here on the forums. I'm sorry you had a poor experience if you decide to renew your Adobe Stock subscription by the 19th, thirty days from when you closed your most recent subscription, I can assist you with receiving a replacent for the accidental licenses.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 712 Replies 712
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble finding how to delete the image. Please advise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We'd just ask you to remove the image from your desktop or wherever you have it stored as you no longer have a license to use it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev.

Like so many others, I am surprised at how easy it is to accidentally licence an image when trying to save the watermarked trial image. I have also accidentally downloaded an image : #68425940 and would be grateful if this licence could be deleted and a credit added to my account please?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mandy

I've added a license credit.  Please delete the incorrect image from your computer.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciated! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bev,

this issue happened to me also. I will delete the image right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There Beverly,

My name is sofia, I tried stock images today, the 30 day trial and 10 images.  I had no clue what to do, so I licensed quiet a few images I now do not intend to use, I thought that by deleting them the number would return, but it didn't.  is there a way of unlicense them so I can actually upload the ones I need?

Thank you Sofia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sofia

When you license an image I'm afraid it cannot be reversed.  I have added some credits to your account as a gesture of goodwill.

Please check out our Stock tutorials - Adobe Stock tutorials | Learn how to use Adobe Stock

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly do I delete please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bev, I am having the same issue. I never meant to license ID #29035574 . May this please be reversed? Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have accidentally licensed a photo. Here's the one I do not want.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aaronf21225991

I've added a license credit as an exception.  Please delete the incorrect image.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Beverley,

I accidentally licensed a photo I did not mean to. Can you please credit the account back on photo: Secret concept - image | Adobe Stock 26672923

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi veg.corey

I've added a license credit as an exception.  Please delete the incorrect image.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you Beverley!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverley.

I had ten free images available and accidentally licensed an image that I didn't intend to license. Can it be "unlicensed"?

Thank you!

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenny

We don't have the option to unlicense an image but I've added a credit to your account to replace the one licensed by accident.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverley,

We have 2 licenses which we've been unable to use due to technical errors with Stock - File numbers 91560527 and 91560418.  You can see the full details here:  Re: Cannot download a licensed image

We've decided to use neither image, as we don't have time to troubleshoot it any further.  Could you please add 2 credits to our account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our issue was easily resolved by spending over an hour on chat support with 4 different representatives - Pankaj, Sidharth, Jayanta, and Pallavi.

Sidharth was exceptionally diligent!  Instead of actually reading what I wrote, he decided the best resolution was to delete 2 seats from our CC account.  Shockingly, that didn't resolve our license credit issue, so I was transferred to Jayante. Instead of simply issuing the 2 credits I had repeatedly asked for, he argued with me as to the proper procedure for downloading an image.

He gave up and transferred me to Pallavi, who spent 5 minutes reviewing his "notes".  He then indicated he was cancelling our Stock subscription in order to give us a refund.  <facepalm>  I once again explained my issue, using words of no more than 2 syllables.  Pallavi responded with "let me see here"....and apparently went on break for 10 minutes.  However, when he returned the credits had been applied to our account!

See, it's that easy!  I can't wait to start another chat session to figure out why the Library in Photoshop will no longer sync with Stock.  They'll probably manage to cancel my life insurance and rename my dog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brandond

I'm sorry you had such a frustrating experience regarding a simple request.  I'll address this with the teams involved.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have accidentally licensed this image as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aaronf

I've added a credit to your account to replace the image downloaded in error.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I accidentally licensed the same image twice. Could one of those licenses be removed? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi karent

We can't remove the license but have added an image credit so you can select another image.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverley,

I accidentally re-licensed photo I had just licensed, and now I have two licenses for the same photo. I did not mean to do this. Can I be credited for this?

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started