• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just purchased a license for an image but the watermark is still there. How do I remove it?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a license for an image but the watermark is still there. How do I remove it? The FAQs says the hi-res is available after purchase.

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

There are several threads on this .....

Go to your 'License History'.

Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 3.34.23 PM.png

Click on the image you want to download to go to the detail page for that image.

Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 8.41.20 AM.png

Click on the 'Download to Desktop' (or wherever you want) link

Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 11.03.17 AM.png

The downloaded version will have the watermark removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several threads on this .....

Go to your 'License History'.

Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 3.34.23 PM.png

Click on the image you want to download to go to the detail page for that image.

Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 8.41.20 AM.png

Click on the 'Download to Desktop' (or wherever you want) link

Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 11.03.17 AM.png

The downloaded version will have the watermark removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this isnt a solution for the breakage in using the Photoshop CC Library function , I cannot get Photoshop CC 2015 to recognize I have licensed the photos and don't want to have to hand download one to my system every time i need an an image. ESPECIALLY since this service I pay for is supposed to allow me to work all within Photoshop. ALL my new purchases show watermarked when pulling from Adobe CC 2015 Library. Any solutions, or feedback from the Adobe team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix for that is to update your CC apps to the latest version. There was a bug about a month ago that has since been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess it hasn't, I am using the latest version (auto updated) Still facing the issue. On chat support now Will post back here if we work out a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PS are you running? You should have:

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 12.08.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Same version, Support is working with me on it thanks tho for such quick responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, do let us know in the forums what you come up with for a fix through the chat support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NOT fixed. I have all apps up to date, and JUST TODAY, purchased an image in one of my libraries and cannot get the watermark to disappear unless I download to my computer. That defeats the whole purpose of the Adobe Stock integration with CC Libraries. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, this is not fixed on May 30 2016 either.  It's ridiculous that we have to "hand" download every image in order to remove the watermark.  Talk about making the entire CC "cloud" library function useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've had issues too.  here's a hack (not a fix)... but it seems that photoshop is caching a preview of the stock image in layout... so if i resize (ever so slightly) the stock art, the preview is replaced with the licensed image sans watermark.  Does anyone know if there is a "refresh" or "rerender" preview?  Still a pain in the a$$ as it changes your layout, but at least you don't have to download and reimport to library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of pathetic that 3 months later Adobe has done nothing.  Then again no one ever accused Adobe of caring about its customers or the user experience so this should be no surprise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps some screenshots or more details of what you are seeing would help. The libraries and downloads are working as they should. In order to help with your case more details would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem was explained pretty well by the posters but since this is the first sniff of a response from the big A, here goes:

Note: First, there are times where I've gotten dinged with paying for a license when I never hit that button, but that's another problem as is the fact that sometimes the photo doesn't show up the library that I put it in - verified on the A-stock website so I know it's there, when I open the library in a CC App and yes, I update all the time).  But I digress back to the original problem:

1 - When following instructions that Adobe has given to place in image into a project from the A-Stock Cloud library sometimes it doesn't even work in the first place but other times when it does, and the photo has in fact been licensed, that photo still has the watermark on it.

A - Some photos don't have the watermark.  That is random

B - there is no way to "refresh" these images.  So If I go buy another one while the app is open it doesn't necessarily show up in the cloud photo library. 

2 - Therefore we have to download the image onto our computer which seems to the only way to not have the watermark

Note: Also placing images from the cloud library itself is a wonky process and needs further clarification.  But let's just try and fix this watermark issue first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang it, I just wrote a long reply and the forum crashed. I gotta run but I just wanted you to know I did get your reply and I will answer and get this resolved for you.

In the meantime, having watermarks on the images inside the library panels is normal. If you need to refresh your library at anytime in the app simply click on the cloud icon.

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 6.35.40 PM.png

Hang in there, we'll get you fixed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, tried that.  Refresh doesn't work.  And the watermark stays on when I move to photo to the program.  Happened in Photoshop and Muse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super helpful, wow, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem and can't figure out how to fix it. All my Adobe apps are updated. Can't get the watermark off of the photos I have purchased. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to one poster who might be from Adobe the system is functioning just fine, as it should.  So I guess the watermarks are not there, and if we want watermark free photos we have to download them to our computers first then place them - sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Scott,

This is an open issue being worked on by the Photoshop team. I do not currently have an ETA for when this will be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Here is the workaround for this issue: In PS, in the menu select Layers > Smart Objects > Update Modified Content

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day,

Was this ever fixed? it's 2021 and I am still having the same issue with stock images i have licensed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please create a new post explaining the issue you are seeing. This thread is out of date and should be locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

As suggested by Wendy, there is a workaround while we work to fix this one -- The steps are in her post, and also in this help article: Workaround for the issue where stock assets fail to update fully in Photoshop

Let us know if this workaround works for you.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has the workaround posted by Pete help any of you? I ask because the issue that article speaks to is a new workflow in the recent June 2016 updates and you were all having issues with a different workflow. Do you recall ever seeing an icon on the layer in the Layer panel when you dragged over the Stock asset?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No working for me!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started