• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refund for a stock item

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, I recently licensed a template: number 461120280 for a before and after project I have to do for a client. The title and the image both give the impression that is exactly what this template is, but it is not. It's not something I can nor want to use. Is there a way to recind the license on this stock item?

Thank you,

Matt

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

I'm sorry I only wanted to understand what the issue was with the template. It is clear you aren't satisfied with it and I've granted you a replacement license.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is precisely the problem with this asset?

There is no way to unlicence an item, but if an asset is not at the quality it should be, after a review, you will get a replacement credit. You should allow for more time, as I do not exactly know if @Contributor1 is available during the holiday season.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the template appears to be misleading to you? There is a lot of information in the asset details, I am wondering if you possibly overlooked that information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EvilBugQueen1,

The title, and the image both give the impression that it is a before and after template. In otherwords, I would put in a before photo and a after photo... But that is not what the template it, it is an effect. In the actual template, you put only one image in and it does applies modifications to the photo to add a duotone type affect to it. That is not what the title, photo, or info in the asset details gives an impression of. I will upload a photo of the asset details that shows what it shows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title of the asset says it is an effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A "before and after" effect, which it clearly is not. There is nothing before and after about the asset, amd if it weren't for the fact that the photo shows a before and after and the title says it's a before and after, I wouldn't have wasted my money (credit) on it. But I won't fight it - I understand that Adobe doesn't care that it is misleading and causes confusion/people to buy something they're not getting. As much as I've enjoyed Adobe stock, ill wait out my contract and cancel. It's not worth keeping if I will have to worry about getting what I think I'm getting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I only wanted to understand what the issue was with the template. It is clear you aren't satisfied with it and I've granted you a replacement license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides the fact that @WendellaBee granted you the replacement credit, maybe we can help you to achieve your goal, whatever the asset or method is that fulfils your needs.

So, if I understand you correctly, you require a method (or effect) that shows your client two images side by side, which one says before and the other after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo, I appreciate the offer to help find a method that will work. After searching the stock assests, there didn't appear to be one which accomplished that and I made my own template (I was hoping to save time with Adobe Stock).

You are correct in your understanding of what I needed. I uploaded a finished example of what I ultimately came up with, and, if there is a stock item that would do that and I missed it, I would love to have it to save time in the future.

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The effect is indeed elementary. And you could automate that even.

Load the pictures (before and after) as layers to Photoshop. Set the canvas to 200% either to the right or down. Move the after in the correct position. Write the text “Before” and “After”.  You can automate part of that.

In the Photoshop forum, I'm convinced, you will find someone who has automated that or knows of a script/action to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started