• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard License

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, my name is ibrahim just wondering is it okay to use images of a standard license for a point of sale system. why im asking because im confused as it says online i think you can use standard license for comercial use but not for products i think please can you let me know.

Thanks ibrahim,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this question about using Adobe Stock images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name its about Adobe Stock images. Please can an adobe employee reply thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ibrahim30347118h7fr 

already done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is @kglad  already done? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your post was moved to the stock forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe employees will point you to the licensing terms.

This is because the licensing terms have been written by the legal department of Adobe, and anything that an Adobe employee would say here would be an endorsement of Adobe, even if contrary to the licensing terms. License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license terms are quite clear in that if you're incorporating the Stock asset into a product you're reselling you need an Extended License; nevertheless you cannot just resell the Stock asset as a stand-alone file.

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See here:

Abambo_0-1686179440365.png

Is your point of sale a merchandising product like a T-shirt, a mug or a poster, that you sell[, and where the primary value of the product lies in the asset]?

Most Adobe Stock photos, vectors, and illustrations come with a Standard license. With a Standard license, you may:

• Reproduce up to 500,000 copies of the asset in all media, including product packaging, printed marketing materials, digital documents, or software.
  • Include the asset in email marketing, mobile advertising, or a broadcast or digital program if the expected number of viewers is fewer than 500,000.
  • Post the asset to a website or social media site with no limitation on views.
  • Include the asset in some types of products, such as inside a textbook, as long as the primary value of the product is not the asset itself, and the product is not reproduced more than 500,000 times.
  • Share the unmodified asset with your employees and contractors who have contractually agreed to abide by the license terms.
  • Transfer the license to your client or employer.

With a Standard license, you may not:

• Distribute the stand-alone file.
  • Create merchandise, templates, or other products for resale or distribution where the primary value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it.
  • Transfer the license to more than one employer or client, unless separately licensed for each.

For me, a POS is a stand where you sell your products and the stand is decorated with one or more stock assets. That would typically be a standard licence. If, however, you are unsure of the licence you need, I suggest, you consult an IP lawyer. You can also simply buy an extended licence, as that allows you the maximum of actions.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started