• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent background not transparent

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I licensed a stock images that states it has a transparent background, but when I open them in jpeg the backgrounds are not transparent --- they are checkered.  Is there a simple solution that I am missing.

TOPICS
Asset Quality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Item is offered as a JPEG and that is what I downloaded it as.  I do not have illustrator software and other JPegs i have downloaded have transparent backgrounds and work fine.

By @Prestige Marketing

JPEG does not support transparency. PNG, TIFF and other formats do. The asset is unusable as a JPEG file. You should contact Adobe customer care for a refund of the asset credit, if you can't get the file working as an Illustrator file. All vector files are offered also as JPEG files,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transparency is only possible with vector images. Would you post the asset id, so that we can check the asset?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me as well.  I can't isolate the images at all either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly,

Did you use the Illustrator files, or the JPEG files? Transparency can only be present in Adobe Illustrator, EPS or SVG file. There is technically not possibility to have transparency on JPEG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't know.  Anything I've ever downloaded that said it was transparent, downloaded as a PNG.  I didn't see anything on how to change my download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can change your settings for vector files to vector, by using the Settings button.

Abambo_0-1654868764533.pngAbambo_1-1654868793249.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Item is offered as a JPEG and that is what I downloaded it as.  I do not have illustrator software and other JPegs i have downloaded have transparent backgrounds and work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Prestige Marketing

JPEG does not support transparency. PNG, TIFF and other formats do. The asset is unusable as a JPEG file. You should contact Adobe customer care for a refund of the asset credit, if you can't get the file working as an Illustrator file. All vector files are offered also as JPEG files, but it does not make sense for some files, where transparency is needed.

Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started