Thank you

Pina

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Hi

You need to create a function to drive the scale matrix. To do that :

Add an input to your graph. I've called mine Scale Percentage and given it the identifier scale_percentage.

2023-05-24_20-39-18.jpg

In your transform 2D node at the top right of the transform matrix controls click and choose 'Empty Function'

Add the following function nodes to the function :

2023-05-24_20-42-26.jpg

In the Get Float node properties choose the scale_percentage input that you just created.

Right click the Scale Matrix node and click on 'Set as Outpu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You need to create a function to drive the scale matrix. To do that :

Add an input to your graph. I've called mine Scale Percentage and given it the identifier scale_percentage.

2023-05-24_20-39-18.jpg

In your transform 2D node at the top right of the transform matrix controls click and choose 'Empty Function'

Add the following function nodes to the function :

2023-05-24_20-42-26.jpg

In the Get Float node properties choose the scale_percentage input that you just created.

Right click the Scale Matrix node and click on 'Set as Output Node', it will turn yellow as in the screenshot above.

That is it. The exposed input you made will now control the scale.

Note : I have used just one control - if you want X and Y to be separate just add a second input and use two 'Get Float' nodes in the function graph.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @davescm for the reply. when i do that 2 things happens..  my Transform node changes to this angle look and also the get float node connection is in red. i both tried set the scale matrix as out put and get float but didint change anything.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 125707.pngScreenshot 2023-05-24 125847.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also for some reason it asks me to choose float 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first step I described , set the input as a Float (not Float2, Float3 or Float4). Remember at that stage you are merely adding a graph input it is not yet associated with the Transform Node. That comes later when you add the function.

In the function itself use Get Float (again not Get Float 2 , Get Float 3 or Get Float 4).

I've attached the sbs from above so you can see the exposed input and the function that uses it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! @davescm 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines