• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale only part of texture

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to scale only part of a texture to avoid stretching in some parts?

Texture graph:

NodesTexture.png

Texture on mesh (In model graph):

PilarExample.png

Base shape for texture:

Shape.png

As you can see on the mesh the round parts of the shape is stretched. This couses the round parts to shape into a point and loses it's curve. I already made the point less by making the ship widder (see nr 3) with a transfor node. But it does not remove the whole stretch problem.

So my question was if it would be possible to only scale the middle part of the shape (see nr 2)? But still keep the round parts (see nr 1) on top of the middle shape.

TOPICS
How to , Substance Graph , Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Hello @Cattring,

This is fairly simple to do using a function in a Pixel Processor node. The function could do the following:

• Move the shape up in the top half of the image, and down in the bottom half of the image. This effectively creates two copies of the shape
  • Then, fill the space between the two halves with the pixels at the midsection of the shape, resulting in a stretching effect

stretch-shape-midsection.gifI have attached a Substance 3D file (SBS) which includes a simple implementation of this idea. Feel fr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Cattring,

This is fairly simple to do using a function in a Pixel Processor node. The function could do the following:

• Move the shape up in the top half of the image, and down in the bottom half of the image. This effectively creates two copies of the shape
  • Then, fill the space between the two halves with the pixels at the midsection of the shape, resulting in a stretching effect

stretch-shape-midsection.gifI have attached a Substance 3D file (SBS) which includes a simple implementation of this idea. Feel free to use it in your projects, and I hope this can help you learn a thing or two about function graphs and the Pixel Processor node!

In your specific use case, the extremities of the shape should remain clean half-circles. regardless of the stretching length or the circle radius.

I hope this is useful!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines