• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i update my steam substance painter 2022 to version 9.0.0

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to open a substance file my friend had sent me but it says i need to update my substance painter to verison 9.0.0 to do so. There is no update button on my steam 2022 substance painter help tab. I dont know what to do.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Hi @Eightng32245178h2hr,

Steam licenses are permanent licenses. It means that you'll have access to Substance 3D Painter for life, but the updates are only available for the year of buying (which is 2022 in your case). The 9.0.0 has been released in 2023, therefore you don't have access to the latest updates.

If you want to always keep Substance 3D Painter updated through the years, you can Subscribe to the Adobe Substance 3D collection, or check for our Educational license, as long as you'r

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eightng32245178h2hr,

Steam licenses are permanent licenses. It means that you'll have access to Substance 3D Painter for life, but the updates are only available for the year of buying (which is 2022 in your case). The 9.0.0 has been released in 2023, therefore you don't have access to the latest updates.

If you want to always keep Substance 3D Painter updated through the years, you can Subscribe to the Adobe Substance 3D collection, or check for our Educational license, as long as you're a student or a teacher.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translation.. adobe want more money so they lock you out of new updates. On top of that they lock their new files and don't allow them to be backwards compatible with older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derrick,

I honestly understand the frustration, but to be fair, the Substance Suite worked that way even before Adobe. On top of that, Substance are probably the only applications from our software with life licenses (with Steam), and free licenses for students and teachers.

Anyway, we are glad to hear the opinion of everyone using our applications, but please let's try to remain polite in this thread.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources